Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By SuperSonic
zombiepumpkins wrote:We're glad to raise spirits around here. Get it? Raise.... spirits... har har.
PLEASE no seances :P
By SaneInsideInsanity
I also promise to be better in the future. I know i have a rambling problem but i always seem to have something i get excited about and want to say, normally resulting in a one line post or smart a** comment, sowwwwy. Gus Nos we love you guys we were just teasing can we hug and make up and i wont post nearly as much blather or ill try not to....debating going back and deleting some blather that a typed not to long ago..... :oops: before i read this.....
By GUS
following from what Nos said..
That's it exactly.
it merely serves to dilute relevant information long term, & especially for others who visit infrequently, or don't necessarily have english as a fully-blown 1st language, & muddles any chance of translation with or without a translatory tool.
we all do it, I just saw the opportunity to point out how adrift from the main it was going of late, having tried it for myself.
(i'm one of those who can happily stand at a bar for 6 hours without the need to speak ((bar ordering)), ..perhaps I ought to be a Finn)

P.B. watch out for internet dictionaries there are alot of really bad ones out there with some really skewed definitions, I love the English / Latin Language & used to read dictionaries or older language books, as a kid them like others read novels, especially Slang! ..was very good weaponry for putting down teachers.
Better than Sodoku for the brain, look at Nicholas Parsons for instance.
By paddy_babe
well I'm in agreement with sane, should we go back and have a spring clean of our posts? Or just moderate what we write from now on?
I will do gus, I didnt reconize the word and thought it important to find the defintion as what you were saying was important.

I hope you guys arent to cross, I have stopped commenting on everything (at least in text, my partner thinks I'm weird talking to myself now lmao)

nos you can be male and own mama mia and be bad a parking! gah! :lol: I'm female and own tools and action movies! :P
By SaneInsideInsanity
It wont let us delete old posts just edit if someone has replied....probably a good thing this then topics wouldn't make sense im just going to moderate what im saying from now on and try to keep to topics especially in the pattern request section
By paddy_babe
can we make a 'natter' thread? just for random conversation, then people for cant be bothered can just ignore it.... also if anyone seems to be going off topic in other threads they can say 'i'll tell you in so-and-so thread'? just an idea....
By GUS
well, silence AIN'T necessarilly golden, so just be aware that's all it needs, ..a modicum of moderation, someone else on the board really highlighted this for me a few weeks ago by mentioning not understanding half of whats mentioned off season ..which got me thinking, esp when ryan mentioned (last halloween maybe) as to the breakdown of downloaded stencils from around the world.
(not a ticking off,.. not my place, simply an observation as to the site)
Idea's don't evolve without thought.
By paddy_babe
no gus, we appreciate you mentioning it, otherwise it would have carried on until someone did get cross.

I'm pming more now for my random stuff, and keeping little comments to myself (unless its REALLY funny lol... well at least to me lmao)

and gus, you havent got back to my last pm, any news on that? :)

and I can I just point out... I DID mention (possibly in this thread) earlier that I was going to be run out of ZP with torches, pitchforks and pointy sticks LMAO! :lol: (I'm not saying I'm being run out, just saying I'm aware I can be quite wearing lol)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice of you to consider editing old posts, but doing so could make a thread confusing if people replied to what you had said (since you can't edit their posts).

I eventually do a bit of cleaning around here, from time to time. Especially on older topics. Some are weeks, months, or even years old. Assuming they have been read by all who wanted to read them by now, I figure its okay to do a little cleaning and condensing.

I'll remove/edit posts with missing images, since those are no longer useful. Condense conversations slightly, keeping them on topic. For the sake of archiving lots of useful information here, I don't want to outright delete a lot of topics, but just clean them up.

That's the old post though, the more recently active threads are mostly left as is, so the conversation is natural and organic. But sometimes I (and others) may try to steer the conversation and keep it on topic.

When deciding what to write, another thing you might think about it where you are posting it. For example, this particular page is paddy_babe's personal introduction thread. So if there was any place you could post some random natter, this would probably be it. Those that don't wish to meet paddy_babe don't have to read this topic.

But if you were posting somewhere on the forum that was more specific.... such as a thread for "Saral Transfer Paper review" that would be an area where casual chat is discouraged, since the concept is to only post useful product reviews.
By paddy_babe
zombiepumpkins wrote: For example, this particular page is paddy_babe's personal introduction thread. So if there was any place you could post some random natter, this would probably be it. Those that don't wish to meet paddy_babe don't have to read this topic.

But if you were posting somewhere on the forum that was more specific.... such as a thread for "Saral Transfer Paper review" that would be an area where casual chat is discouraged, since the concept is to only post useful product reviews.
Who wouldnt want to meet me ryan?! :lol: jks
I've started doing this and think its better. I've also started coming back onto topics in the one post (e.g if I answered something, then refer to something different BUT linked.. I then mention the first 'something' again) does that make sense or am I rambling again? lol
By SaneInsideInsanity
im trying that as well paddy i think you and i may need some Ritalin or common sense knock into us time to time lol
By paddy_babe
*nods* either that or halloween to come quicker so we can get carving to keep us busy :D
with all the new tools this year and great patterns I just wish I had those foam pumpkins A) so I can keep the patterns and B) so I could start now!
By SaneInsideInsanity
The foamkins are too rich for my blood right now ill probally pick one up near seasons end when they really go on sale but for now they are just sitting at the store