Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By paddy_babe
LMAO!! :lol: :lol:

*chalks one up for sodajazz*! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
sodajazz wrote:Just like to point one little thing out :

Gus - male - Joined: 18 Sep 2007 Posts: 1332
Nos - male - Joined: 25 Sep 2008 Posts: 1329

Matspud - girly - Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Posts: 524
sodajazz - girly - Joined: 16 Oct 2005 Posts: 568

Can you see where I'm going with this :lol:
I'm thinking its the male variety that like the sound of their own voices or rather the look of their own typing :wink: :D
Ooooooh, burn. :lol: She got you good, guys.

Maybe I shouldn't talk, as I am a male and have the most posts. Of course, I've been here since the start and operate this site, so I hope I am forgiven for my sometimes chatty nature.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Lol good job soda then paddy and i have to ruin it by being stereotypes :P ryan you're average is only 1.67 posts per day so technically youre not that chatty :P
and paddy i would love it if you pmed me the recipe :D
By paddy_babe
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:Lol good job soda then paddy and i have to ruin it by being stereotypes :P ryan you're average is only 1.67 posts per day so technically youre not that chatty :P
and paddy i would love it if you pmed me the recipe :D
Heehee Sane, we just have a lot to say... at least its not spam or useless crap and we do come up with some good topics and ideas (look at this thread, was just me saying 'hi' and its 6 pages :lol: )

and I thought I'd take a peek at mine and yours averages...
SaneInsideInsanity = 2.80 posts per day
Paddy_babe = 26.90 posts per day
:lol: :lol: :D
but I think I'm just playing catch up and getting to know everyone.

Ryan I think your a safe exception :P
By paddy_babe
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:and paddy i would love it if you pmed me the recipe :D
oh forgot to say, I'm seeing my mam tomorrow so will get the proper family recipe for you and pm it :D
By GUS
sodajazz wrote:
GUS wrote:GAG them!!!!!! :lol:
nosferatu wrote:Gus, you know what women are like once they get talking. (Not that I'm stereotyping or anything). If they lived next door to one another they would still call or text each other

Just like to point one little thing out :

Gus - male - Joined: 18 Sep 2007 Posts: 1332
Nos - male - Joined: 25 Sep 2008 Posts: 1329

Matspud - girly - Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Posts: 524
sodajazz - girly - Joined: 16 Oct 2005 Posts: 568

Can you see where I'm going with this :lol:
I'm thinking its the male variety that like the sound of their own voices or rather the look of their own typing :wink: :D
I take umbrage at that, in part due to the fact that most posts by myself tended to stay on topic, Actually once I reached 1000 I thought I'd just become as wildfire in comments as some of the more prolific postersamongst you to see how quickly the post count went up over "X" days"once i'd achieved a baseline ..so experimental.
I can see by my curve that it beats heavily into the quality of a topic (or lots of topics), ..so many of them becoming mere rambling general chat posts which we've never had before.
if you multiply that by x amount of natterer's then it becomes increasingly hard to sort the chaff from the wheat, when using the search facility.
It's never been about topping anyone else on a post count as to a useful all year round aid to carving for me in the uk, & yes I'm here alot in the run up to Halloween, I tend to work from home so am on-line around 17 hrs per day so see alot of postings, start to post back but then don't as when I re-read it , it contains nothing but trite burbling.
Have a look at say stencil ideas submitted (via titles to both mine & Nos's names) It will actually amount (to the 1000 post mark I mentioned) for a good percentage of the numbers, that add ideas to areas of the forum.
Well actually don't it'll just be dull pointless counting of beans (sic) ..but you get my drift.
A whole lot of Nos's have been separate posts as to what he's made incorporating stencils, stencil suggestions etc & sometimes parrying with myself..
kinda thing.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Aw, the girls were just teasin' ya Gus. I hear that's what they do when they like you. :wink:

But since we're on the topic of topics, and staying on them, I will say that I am a fan of quality over quantity. The is no reward for post count, it is no contest.

I like that we have a lot of content rich posts that help us learn about our Halloween craft (yes, thanks for all your thought out posts, Gus). But mixing in a bit of casual and personal chat keeps the forum friendly too, and lets us get to know each other.

I guess as a general rule, when you're posting something, you might ask yourself, "Would this be interesting, useful or entertaining to someone visiting this forum for the first time?"

If not, and if you think your post might be a little too specifically aimed at one person, well there's always the "PM" option where you can privately message with whoever you wish, as much as you want.
By matspud
Sorry, I know I have been rambling a bit more than normal. I am just having a sh%t time at the moment and this place is kind of keeping me going. :?

Promise to try to be a good girly in future :oops:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
We're glad to raise spirits around here. Get it? Raise.... spirits... har har.
By paddy_babe
*groan @ ryan* ughh bad joke :P

and matspud I know what you mean, if we cant have a random natter in forums, feel free to PM me, I wont run out of stuff to say :lol:

Ryan, I'll behave aswell, and keep on topic (excluding this new minion one, it is after all saying hello lol)

and gus please dont take offence, we were just pointing out numbers to try and help our argument in a playful way. we werent trying to cause unrest.
By GUS
Umbrage.., dislike, displeasure from gloomy thoughts, (now't to do with offence).
old Latin which now not commonly used, recently revived (noticeabley) in part due to the character "professor" Umbrage in Harry Potter series of books, ..the negative nature was further impacted upon by the choice of "Dolores" (pain in Latin by the word Dolour)
By paddy_babe
sorry my mistake, I took it with the definition of
"Offense; resentment: 'took umbrage at their rudeness.'"

glad your not offended though :) I'm still sorry for causing displeasure in such a friendly forum.
By sodajazz
For the sake of peace and harmony ...

Gus Nos, you are both valuable members to this forum and I'd miss you greatly if you stopped posting :D
By nosferatu
I don't know, you go away for the day and war breaks out!

Never realised matspud and sodajazz were female...equally how do you know I am not a woman? :wink: Maybe I own Mamma Mia. Come to think of it, I'm not particularly good at parking a car......I'll have to do some checking

I think Gus' basic gripe is that if people want to have long conversations in a thread, it would be better for the forum to do it via PM, otherwise topics get flooded and in the end you start ignoring threads. I have been ignoring this thread for ages because I thought it had become a dead end and was just marking it as all topics read.