Lighting By Firework

Learn some new tricks for lighting your jack, and trade camera tips to create photos that are a cut above.

Lighting By Firework

Postby nosferatu » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:56 am

Has anybody ever tried using fireworks inside pumpkins?

I only ask because they are on the shelves now. Anyone in the UK will know that between now and the middle of November, as soon as it gets dark outside,the explosions start.

Gone are the days of wishy washy fireworks, these are serious ordnance. Chinese, largely unregulated and relatively cheap. Last night, outside sounded like it was downtown Kabul or Baghdad.

I think the puking pumpkin would work well using two different types of Catherine Wheel.

Also wondered what effect taping several bangers together then placing inside would have?

I'll ask Lithium Joe to do a few experiments.....


Remember kids, fireworks aren't toys. Always follow the firework code.
in the name of The Carver and the holey Gourd. Amen.
User avatar
nosferatu
Immortal Zombie Pumpkin!
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:55 am
Location: Malebolge

Postby Lithium_joe » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:09 am

I suspect, and call me a calamatist if you wish, but anyone inserting fireworks into their pumpkins* is liable to end up with small lumps of charred pumpkin distributed over a wide area, to say nothing, of course, as to the fate of the person holding the explosive in question at the time.

Just my guess. I would only ever let the fire station crew handle fireworks and then only from a safe distance.


*
"Inserting fireworks into their pumpkins" - is that a euphemism, I wonder? :kiss:
Lithium_joe
Moldy Pumpkin
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK.

Postby KILLER KLOWN » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:07 pm

All I've got to say is...Get pictures when you do it! :lol:

You guys are lucky. Fireworks are illegal in my state! :cry:
User avatar
KILLER KLOWN
Decayed Pumpkin
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:08 am
Location: Yorkville, IL

Postby Zombie Pumpkins! » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:19 pm

I've never tried fireworks, other than putting sparklers on and IN a carved watermelon. Pretty unique method to light, but the light is short lived, of course. And not as impressive as you might think. Plus, it leaves an ashy residue on your carved pumpkin/melon.

Image
User avatar
Zombie Pumpkins!
Patch Master
 
Posts: 7146
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: West Haven, CT


Return to LIGHTING & PHOTOGRAPHY Tips

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests