Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Is candy corn the same as candy cane? The stripey ones. We call all candy over here in the UK sweeties and the only two thngs over hear called candy are candy floss and candy canes. The striped candy cane is quite iconic and non generic and could be a nice pattern too.

Dan
By GUS
candy corn is like our traffic cones, but without the flat stand at the bottom, bit of a funny sweet but nice! mmmmm.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
When I was a kid, I used to think candy corn was kinda nasty. Now I'll eat a whole bowl if you leave them in front of me.

By Mister_JP
I'd rather eat dirt than candy corn. That stuff is foul, Foul, FOUL!!

Dan, be glad you are in the UK where apparently there is no such thing as candy corn. You can't eat that crap even by accident.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Blimey! :shock: So much mixed feelings over a sweetie (candy to you guys)! I want to try them (even if they do taste like dirt JP) just to feel like I can give some input, you talk about them like they're an institution! Are they hard or soft? Do you suck or chew them?

Still think the candy cane would be a good idea but then again it does have more Christmas overtones that Halloween ones.

Dan
By GUS
..they're general consistency is like the SOFT sweet cigarettes we used to have as kids over here .or maybe jelly belly beans, not like the hard old stock ones (toothbreakers) ...but again dependant on how fresh they are really affected the taste as I recall.
By mesmark
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:... I want to try them (even if they do taste like dirt JP) just to feel like I can give some input, you talk about them like they're an institution! ...
I want to send you a bag, just so you can try them. They are an institution! In my opinion, candy corn IS the flavor of Halloween
http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1284
By GUS
bugger, I was only walking past these a couple of weeks ago.
Any requests for this sort of sweet when I'm back out in Canada in may!?

I feel a sweetie shopaganza coming on! :D

Years ago when we used to have our sister company in Mississagua we used to pack out the spare spaces of export shipments with our old fashioned sweets (and vice-a-versa) spangles, traffic lights, refreshers, fruit salads & blackjacks etc..

..so began my obsession with hershey kisses et al!
By Dans banana Loafcake
Yeah next time your over there see if you can get some candy corn for me, I want to know what halloween REALY tastes like! :lol:

Dan
By sodajazz
You're brave Dan ... I was never a fan of sweets like that as a kid.. when all my mates were buying '10p mixes' I'd be the one with the little nutella pots ... give me chocolate any day :D
By Dans banana Loafcake
I used to love Nutella until I developed a Nut allergy now I'd rather not eat it or its bye bye Dan! :shock:

Oh that reminds me, I take it that Candy corn doesn't have either Hazel or Brazil nuts in it, if it does then I cant really try them.

Dan
By GUS
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:I used to love Nutella until I developed a Nut allergy now I'd rather not eat it or its bye bye Dan! :shock:

Oh that reminds me, I take it that Candy corn doesn't have either Hazel or Brazil nuts in it, if it does then I cant really try them.

Dan
Somehow I don't think there's anything of natural origin in them :lol: ..other than a shedload of sugar, but if someone has a breakdown of the contents I'd love to know myself, just so I could swerve away from going down an artificial sweetie car-crash intake!
By GUS
Something in walkers sensations crisps nearly did me in (over-exaggeration slightly)
I ate some then my lips tongue & face ballooned up, I rang the Mrs at work who (as a nurse) advised me to get our daughter out of bed & get down the A&E as my tongue was really impeding my speech but not my breathing (but it was close)
..I preferred a nights sleep & take my chances, lasted a few days & even when it did go down I was still speaking like Chris Eubanks for a while. :roll:
..still don't know what set it off, my doctor just had a good laugh at me when i told him (he's like that) :D
By Mister_JP
Google is your invisible friend that lives inside your computer...

Candy Corn Ingredients:
Sugar, Corn Syrup, Confectioner’s Glaze, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Artificial Colors, (FDC Yellow 6 Lake, Red #40, Red 40 Lake, Yellow #5, Yellow #6, Blue 1 Lake, Blue #1, Yellow 5 Lake), Egg Whites, Honey Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Carnauba Wax

Exactly what those mystery "Natural and Artificial Flavors" may be is the secret to their God-Awfulness.

I shouldn't really talk smack on candy corn. There is another holiday treat here in the states that I like that most people despise, and they are in stores now. That's right, the Easter delicacy... PEEPS!