Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
My mother likes to get pretty creative around Halloween. She recently emailed me with this photo and said, "I bought a doll and I took the head off it and took the eyes out and put a light in it."

Does this sound like the behavior of a normal person?! I say.. yes. :D

By Raven
Creepy! It almost looks like flames where the eyes should be, which is what dolls from hell should have.

Now, did you get your love of Halloween and all things scary from your mom, or has your mom become corrupted by you? :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
We've always been crafty around holidays, but I think my Halloween spirit has corrupted mom in recent years. It wasn't until the advent of the Zombie Pumpkins site that her boxes of Halloween decorations really started to outnumber the Christmas ones.
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:We've always been crafty around holidays, but I think my Halloween spirit has corrupted mom in recent years. It wasn't until the advent of the Zombie Pumpkins site that her boxes of Halloween decorations really started to outnumber the Christmas ones.
I figured as much. She needed that little "push" to get more Halloween decorations.

The doll does look creepy though. The grainyness of the photo actually adds to the effect, rather than subtracting. Grainy photos tend to do that to a lot of things.
By nosferatu
That is superb. Love it. Just needs a 666 carved into to it.

I have earmarked some of my daughter's dolls for the same transformation when she finally outgrows them.
By Kayo
when i was younger my mom and i did something like that with thrift store dolls. put them on christmas lights and covered them with the cobweb stuff than threw leaves on the roof to make it look kinda run down. for some reason no one would come to the door to TorT though. i think i get my halloween spirit from her. so its probably not normal to do things like this. but it sure is fun and being normal is over rated anyway

how ever when they melt onto your christmas lights you arn't allowed to put them back up for christmas i was told.
By Innuendo
Really love her idea, it's given me some ideas :twisted:
"It wasn't until the advent of the Zombie Pumpkins site that her boxes of Halloween decorations really started to outnumber the Christmas ones."
People have Christmas decorations... How Strange...
By pagemaster1993
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Does this sound like the behavior of a normal person?! I say.. yes. :D
No offense, but from the mother of the creator of Zombie Pumpkins! I would say yes too.
By CorpseBride
Your mom rocks!! That doll head is creepy, I love it...the grainy photo adds to the feel of it. GO MOM!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
For years my mom has had a lifesize witch standing in her house for Halloween. Her name was Broomhilda. I say "was" because she has been replaced this year, by a new witch. The new crone is named Hagitha. I'll post pictures of her soon. But for now, here's what happened to Broomhilda. Apparently she was melted like the wicked witch of the west. Her head now contained in this glass vessel.

A simple idea if you have a mask laying around. Put it inside some sort of jar. Done. Creepy melted creature trapped in glass.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
My mom also took a crack at the Cheesecloth Spirits mentioned in that other thread. She wasn't happy with how the cloth hung so straight, so she inserted a hanger into the foam head and bent the ends into shoulders/arms. Helps give the fabric more width. Bonus discovery: the cheesecloth responds to blacklight!

By MooBoo
Your mom is cool! I love the mask in a glass jar idea! I may have to try that. :D
By zombombie
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:My mom also took a crack at the Cheesecloth Spirits mentioned in that other thread. She wasn't happy with how the cloth hung so straight, so she inserted a hanger into the foam head and bent the ends into shoulders/arms. Helps give the fabric more width. Bonus discovery: the cheesecloth responds to blacklight!

Your mum really does rock! Those are brilliant and creppy :)

SO GLAD to hear that the cheesecloth works like that under a blacklight... :twisted: