Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Lala
I bought like 25 plastic skulls from Dollar Tree to line our walkway but I would like to paint them with Glow in the dark paint

I saw that they sell GITD spray paint - any tips? Thanks!
i like Krylon Glowz when i need to make things glow. getting the plastic skulls to hold the paint may require a bit of sanding just to get some pores for the paint to settle in.
Yeah, I figured I would have to sand them, and I'm lazy. Oh well. haha. They still look cool anyway, even if they don't glow in the dark...
than tie them to the back of your car and drive around for a few blocks. :lol: if they look cool you can cut holes in the bottom and than put little lights in them like pumpkins than they glow
By Lala
Innuendo wrote:When I paint plastics I first use the Krlyon plastic paint sealer first I find satin or matte works best, then use whatever colour I want. It's always worked for me
Awesome - thanks for the tip!
The hard part would be painting plastic. Hobby Lobby has some of those small paint pots that come connected on the plastic strip. They have 5 or 6 different colors and they glow really well. One downside is they are water soluble so if it rained you would end up with a runny glowing mess. They really glow well though and are cheap.

And well, while I don't condone using paint as makeup, it worked.. :P I wanted to test my UV contacts, which didn't glow as much as I wanted.
I was watching one of Travel Channel's Weekends To Die For special's last night and they were using a Black Light paint to create a 3-D effect through a haunted house. They recommended a website for tips, I think it was www.diynetwork.com/halloween or something like that.