Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By monstermash
On second thought, maybe I should just have darkness under the hood as he's supposed to be a stone statue. Lights might seem out of place. I'll have a mess around and see what looks best.
By monstermash
Ive finished the Monster Mud stage. Heres a few more progress pics.

I was having difficulty taking a pic as he was crammed in the shed so the light's a bit weird.

Here he is in semi darkness. I wanted to check the lantern and have a look at the shadows it casts.

A close up of some folds:

I still need to paint him and age him and add some moss but so far i'm pleased. He's nice and hard with no signs of structure problems.
This is fanastic!!! The things I would love to do but can't. Not with my mom anyway.
By sloaner
pagemaster1993 wrote:Looks very good. Very life like.
I don't think the Grim Reaper is alive lol. But he does look scary good. If I turned a corner and saw that I might poop myself :lol:
sloaner wrote:
pagemaster1993 wrote:Looks very good. Very life like.
I don't think the Grim Reaper is alive lol. But he does look scary good. If I turned a corner and saw that I might poop myself :lol:
True, the Grim Reaper is not alive. :lol: But people are dying to see him.
Thanks everyone. :)
It is weird being alone with him. I keep thinking at any moment he's going to turn his head and say hello. I'll just remind him that i'm his creator if he tries anything!
I was going to paint him today but stabbed myself in the hand last night. Nothing serious, just half a scalple blade but its been bloody sore today and I had to get the shed ready for my pumpkins.
Ive started making a raised base for him to stand on. It will say Rest In Peace on it. It's basically just to give him more height and I might hide the smoke machine under it.
By mesmark
Wow! He's looking great. The folds and the texture on the gown came out fantastic. I like that he looks good in the light and he'll look great at night as well. The stand is a brilliant idea. Like you said it will give him height and just adds a nice graveyard vibe.

I'm going to try to work out some fog or mist to go behind my guard as well. Which reminds me that I better get back to work :D