Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
The whole thing looks fantastic! Quite inspirational. The moss and again the colors are really well done. I think you should give it a go with the other colors. Adding those other tones to some of my projects has made some rather monotone props come to life.

The stand is awesome. The reaper is going to look great standing up there and with smoke coming out and around, it'll be the hit of the night.

It sounded like your machine might be making too much smoke. If you are getting too much smoke, you could try splitting the smoke in three. Send two tubes off to either side of the statue (a meter or so out) and have one tube under the base.
Cheers Mes, if I have time I would definately like to do more detailing with earthy paints but if I run out of time I know he'll be presentable, in the dark at least!

The ridiculous amount of smoke is all my brothers doing. I wanted a nice eerie mist floating around the graveyard but he insited that we get a dense fog juice. Don't get me wrong it looks really cool but after about a ten second burst you can barely see. We did try it on a very very still night and I doubt it will be as calm as that on the night of the party so it shouldn't linger for as long as it did. I thought about splitting the smoke and think its a good idea to get a nice even coverage in the graveyard. I might get another pvc pipe bit like the one I used for Grimmers neck and attach tubes to that. I better right that down on my to-do list.
Thanks blueikaos. :) The material at the back was tucked into the chicken wire half way up the body. The front part of his gown is tucked in at his neck and the shawl part that goes over his head and arms is just lying on top of the chicken wire.

Update on reaper progress: there is no progress really. Ive not had chance to add earthy detail but he'll be fine, i'll just scatter some leaves about him. Ive sprayed him with a brick and patio waterproofer so hopefully that will protect him from moisture.
Just to wrap up this thread here's a few pics of him out in th graveyard. They're not great but it gives you a rough idea of what he looked like.

And in the cold light of day:

The big gazebo kind of spoilt any photos but it was needed as the majority of the props aren't waterproof yet.

Louie decided to guard the old statue incase he came to life. He stayed there for a total of about 30 seconds, a pigeon distracted him. :)
Wow! He looks outstanding there it the graveyard. I agree that by night or day he looks stunning. I'd take a few steps back even if I passed in the mid morning. The glow on the lantern is really nice as well.

(My reaper's lantern was solar and wouldn't turn on unless it was dark enough. And since I stored him inside, the light couldn't charge :( )