Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By cuvers
made an awesome find the other day, I always keep my eyes peeled for stuff to find for halloween, and I came across a very very awesome dead tree with tons of knarly brances etc. looked great I pulled over and gave it a little tug and it came right out like nothing!! came apart in 5 pieces, so now I have 5 dead creepy trees for my haunt. and I am so lovin the price..$0.00, that's what I'm talkin about!!
Tree branches found in nature? Those are the most cost effective and realistic trees you can get. :) Hope you can share pics of them. How will you use them exactly? Paint them? Sting them in orange lights? Hang some ghosts and skeletons from them?
By cuvers
altho I put pumpkins throughout our display, the main stage for most of them is the cemetary section, made alot of tombstones from a jackpot of styrofoam someone was nice enough to throw away a couple years ago. all the trees go in that area to make it look more realistic, along with some nice driftwood pieces. put some crows here and there, usually just stake them up and they appear as tho they have always been there. I have been taking pictures as I have been building props and stuff, but I am still unable to get pics from my camera to my PC. in the process of replacing this thing then hopeully will be able to post, if not at least try to have a link to get to them somehow.