Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By sloaner
I found this other site. It's very similar to Hallowindow but maybe a bit more scary looking. I actually found it through the Hallowindow web site.

http://atmosfearfx.com/

It seems a bit more creepy than I would like for little kids but it's still cool. The only problem is the DVD's are $40 each.
By S.A.M
I've just found out that AtmosFEARfx have a new animation out called Jack-O'-Lantern Jamboree which you can project onto a set of un-carved pumpkins to make them look like they've come to life and are singing, it looks really good :D
I've got a projector...might give Hallowindow a rest this year but it would of course mean having electrics outside in October, which could get electrifying :lol: Of course it could always be used indoors.

And here is a guy showing his set up, see it in action at 3:40

It's quite an impressive effect, the only way it could be better is if the pumpkin animations were by ZombiePumpkins :D
By sloaner
I might just have to try that. I think the kids would enjoy some talking pumpkins.
Last edited by sloaner on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sloaner
Found some REAL singing pumpkins. This must have taken a lot of work.

By Lala
I love the singing pumpkins! I wish I had the time and patience to make them! thanks for sharing :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
sloaner wrote:Found some REAL singing pumpkins. This must have taken a lot of work.

Well it depends on how you define "real." ;) AtmosFEARfx projects fake faces on real pumpkins. This video carves real faces on fake pumpkins. The real magic would be to have real carved faces on real pumpkins that can sing. That's what I'm working on. :lol:
By sloaner
mesmark wrote:I bought a couple DVDs from them last year. All in all they were good, but I wish you had the option to play several scenes at one go. For example, it still looks like you can't get those singing pumpkins to then tell a story and then make funny faces ...
Does it at least replay the same thing over and over. I would be ok with that as I could turn it on and leave it alone.
By sloaner
I just ordered it, thanks for posting that video S.A.M. I think I will use it in my garage and have the 3 singing pumpkins in the center of my display. I just bought a few plastic shelves for all the foamies, should have about 20-30 on display this year.
By BigScience
We bought the jamboree DVD and you can cycle through all scenes on the DVD after choosing your background (which can be black to project on pumpkins.) The entire loop is about 12 minutes or so with fAces, 2 songs, and 2 stories and repeats automatically (faces, song, story, song, story). There is a short break of faces in between segments. There is also a funny faces and noises only loop that you can use as well. Very cool effect, going to use it this year on real pumpkins, built a foam tombstone to hide projector and DVD player. Also bought tricks and treats DVD to project onto front bay window from the inside on a bed sheet. Very fun. Great additions to our home haunt.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for the description, BigScience. Helps others know what they're getting with these discs. Will you be sharing any video online, that shows off your home haunt? I'd love to see how it turns out.
By BigScience
I will try to post a "video tour" of sorts. We don't decorate really until the day of Halloween, so it will be November before I get a video up.