Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By nosferatu
It's outstanding. Better than most haunted houses I've been to at fun fairs. What was that you said about not wanting to scare the kids too much? :twisted: Absolute top notch.
By monstermash
Nice, nice. Despite the fuzziness I can totally imagine what it would be like walking around in there. I hope you scared a few folk, in the nicest possible way. :) Have a good one Mes.
By mesmark
Thanks guys! I think the only thing that could have made it better would have been to have more actors in the place moving around, but for a kids' party, it was spooky enough.

The snakes on the floor were a video from atmosfear. They have a creepy crawlies video with those snakes. The video is good but you can only select one scene with one critter. The DVD doesn't let you have first snakes, then rats, spiders, ... It's a little pricey but it worked out well for what I was doing. Having the moving snakes made that dungeon room much more haunting.

I haven't posted a write up of the Halloween party, but I did upload the photos, so I can show you a few.

Here is the blood splatter photo scene:

I was worried that it wasn't bloody enough, but even though it could use a bit more bloody and splotches, I think it turned out OK. You get the idea ...

Here is the entrance to this year's haunted house with new guard and welcome sign. I also added the window and coffin to the scene.

Here are shots of the different sections on the haunted house:

Here are the spooky spirits. The black was pretty hard to see. In a way that's good but three whit ghosts may have been better. There was a fan blowing on the third ghost from underneath.

Here is a lone ghost guarding a dead end. This on was lit with a small strobe light from underneath. It was really close after you walked through the curtain, so the effect was good.

Here is the dungeon and the snakes slithering across the floor.

the spider web and devoured meat sacks

the blood splatter room with actors
By SuperSonic
Love it! You and the house display keeps getting better year by year! Keep it up!