Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By pagemaster1993
Keep the input coming guys. I also have some good news. The neighbors a few doors down are decorating their porch too. So that will possibly mean two houses giving out candy this year.
By pagemaster1993
NikkiRae wrote:Are you telling me that you're usually the only one that hands out candy?!
On my block yes. Then on the next block there was only one or two giving out. As for beyond that I do not know. I do not think the neighbors have any spirit at all. They barely even decorate for Christmas. :( They are not bad people in general, they just do not seem to care a whole lot about the holidays. I personally do it for my own enjoyment, my families enjoyment, and any passerby who finds something they like about it. I remember when I was a kid. My mom and I would take walks just to see Halloween or Christmas decorations, but that was in our old neighborhood.
By NikkiRae
Aw! :( Most of us decorate on my block. Granted, most of them are my family or close family friends. But we all try to decorate and pass out candy. Last year we had a small outside party with hot cider, pizza and music while we passed candy out. It's always fun.
By pagemaster1993
Tomorrow is the big night. Will be preparing the Treat Bags, putting up eye screws to be a guide for the ghost that will be dropped as Trick-Or-Treaters leave or enter the porch, and then getting a good night sleep. Then tomorrow have put everything up, get into costume and make up, wait for Trick-Or-Treaters, give out candy, and when that is done take everything down, take off the costume and make up, and then finally crash for the night. After that start hatching plans (which I already have) for next year.
By NikkiRae
pagemaster1993 wrote:Tomorrow is the big night. Will be preparing the Treat Bags, putting up eye screws to be a guide for the ghost that will be dropped as Trick-Or-Treaters leave or enter the porch, and then getting a good night sleep. Then tomorrow have put everything up, get into costume and make up, wait for Trick-Or-Treaters, give out candy, and when that is done take everything down, take off the costume and make up, and then finally crash for the night. After that start hatching plans (which I already have) for next year.
Good luck! I hope you have a good turn out! I'm surprised your neighborhood is celebrating so early. Hope you enjoy it though!
By pagemaster1993
Well almost everything worked out great.

The Bad: The Fright Tape I put up did not look that great and got loose in the wind and the drop ghost broke, so I could not use that. Also the black light bulb I bought at Wal-Mart did not glow or do anything that a Black Light Bulb should.

The Good: All the other ghost I put up stayed up fine, we got 38 Trick-Or-Treaters (which was 27 more than last year and is very good for Z.P.! because every treat bag had a flyer and coloring page in it), I think my costume worked out great, and I was not the only one giving out on my block.

Here is a picture of one of the ghosts hanging at night:

Like I said the black light did not do much, so here is a picture of it with flash on:

As for the costume here is the link to that:

http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/forum/vie ... 902#p72902
By shaft28
I really like the idea of giving out the flier as a coloring page. I think we have a brand new box of crayons I can tape 1-2 to each page to hand out to the neighborhood kids.

Like you, I don't expect more than 25 kids and only 2 houses decorate on my court...worse the side street used to have 2 houses that decorated and they have not...plus it is a dark cross street. Not looking good but I have lights, 20 kins hanging so far and a couple lighted inflatables in the yard going every night to "advertise" a little to the neighborhood kids. We shall see next Wed.
By NikkiRae
The ghost looks great, but it sucks that the light didn't work :? Glad to hear you had more trick or treaters than last year though! That's a definite bonus!