Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By MooBoo
Seeing the great tombstones that some of you guys have done, i thought i would try it out for myself. I used standard polystyrene foam as i have easy access to it, for my first attempt i don't think i did too bad:

I cut the lettering out using my X-acto knife, and doing a V cut, i found this the easiet for me. But for the skull and wings, i got a stencil off the internet, (because i can't draw to save my life) and cut out some more foam and glued them in place.
The quote is from final fantasy 10, i know not very scary but i like the way it sounded.
I enjoyed making this, even if my family thought i was going crazy. :lol:
My next attempt is the Zero's tombstone from NBC. Here is the first part:

I just need to do the sides and the roof next. Hope you like :D
By ghostface
You did a great job! Bravo my fellow minion, bravo!
By staticfurball
Ohh that turned out real nice... it makes me want to go out and get some foramof my own. My family thinks I'm nuts for planning out my stuff in summer, I can just imagine if I started in spring :lol:
By CorpseBride
Those are great! Your lettering is so precise...looks machine-made. Kudos!
By MooBoo
Thankyou Guys, for those of you who want to try, go for it. I thought it was going to make a right pigs ear of it, but i found it easy to do.
I wouldn't normally start props this early, but i got time on my hands so i thought i might aswell. Although i do get my fair share of eye rolling from family when i mention my next plan :lol:
By monstermash
You have been busy MooBoo! Your gravestones are brilliant, I cant believe that's your first attempt. Ive only ever used a dremel for the lettering but looks like the X-acto is spot on too. The quote fits perfectly, I can see it working well on a weeping angel style gravestone. I will be coming to you for tips and tricks in the future so watch out! :)
By purple1worm
good job!
By MooBoo
Hello, well i got a few more props done. I finished Zero's tombstone, the colour was supposed to be more bluey grey but in the daylight it just looks blue, but i like how it turned out. It is made all from foam, and those little tiles were the most time consuming part of the process.

A small tombstone:

A GHOST :o, this needs a bit more work, i'm going to shred the fabric, and maybe put another white fabric over the top, so the red isn't as vibrant.

And i had a few pieces of scrap foam left, so i made these signs. I have a few more pieces left so may make some more, warning people as the get to the house. lol

Hope you like :D
By Pumpken
Those are all great props. Very nice job.
By purple1worm
zero's tombstone looks pretty cool! Nice little warning signs too!
By ghostface
Holy smokes! These are fantastic props!
By CorpseBride
Zero's tombstone is nothing short of spectacular! The shingles, the depth, the color...beautiful!! I would like to place an order please :D