Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
pagemaster1993 wrote:I got some great looking eyeballs at the Dollar Tree. They are just a hard ball, but can be used for numerous stuff. I already have plans for them.
I almost got some of those! I think I'm going to go back and get them. A few years back, we had all of these "candy" eyeballs that had gone stale (but they were sealed in plastic) so we made an "eyeball tree" - I want to do that again!

Eyeball treee by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

I'm watching you! by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr
Finally got time to decorate a little! This is my front porch and door. I am not done, but it's a start!

IMG_1409 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

IMG_1411 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

IMG_1408 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

I am going to have some "floating" (fake) tealights on the walls (stuck up with command stuff) and spider webs as well. I will also have purple lights around the door.

The door sign and garland are from Dollar Tree
The "swag" fabric is printed with skulls and I got it from Wal-greens on clearance (96 cents!)

the small haunted portraits are from Dollar Tree
the bigger ones I bought on clearance last year at ShopKo and Walmart
sloaner wrote:Looks nice. I have never seen the portraits used outside before. Nice touch.
I am a photographer and my studio is in my home so I thought it was fitting! 8)
The doorway looks great! The colors of the door and the garland are a great match. I have to say though that the 'enter' sign would vex me. When I first looked at it, I wondered why you didn't have it centered. Then I realized it IS centered to the door. To be honest, I might have to move :P

Putting the pictures there outside is a great idea. The trick-or-treaters and all those stopping by are going to love them.
I love love love the Pumpkins they have at TARGET! and I love my new Versa tool - I did each of these (not counting transferring the pattern) in about 25 min EACH. That's amazing.

The Cat is for my friend - I am sending it to her in New Hampshire as a Thankyou Gift (she bought me a blu-ray player - my dvd player had been broken for like 8 months and I was sad. she's awesome)

IMG_1451 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

Sparky is for ME! (he's on a white pumpkin)

IMG_1449 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr