Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By SuperSonic
Looks stupendous! Makes me wanna make a trip to BC just to see it. Just need to find the money and time for the plane ride...
By monstermash
It's horrific!!!! I LOVE IT :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
By CorpseBride
wookie66 wrote:Once you are done and have it all set up in the yard what kind of lighting are you going to have for it? Because one thing i have learned over the years is that having the right effect from the lights can make or break a props effectiveness.
Well the plan is to have his head lit up like a real kin. Then I may do some sort of red glow coming from his torso. Then a red flood light shining upwards from the base (which I have yet to build! EEK!)
By MIKECOZ8
Is it too late to place my order --- I would like a few but since Halloween is less than a week away I'll settle for 1 :D

Awesome job so far!!!
By emilymegan
Awesome creation !! Can't wait to see the final photo !
By wookie66
CorpseBride wrote:
wookie66 wrote:Once you are done and have it all set up in the yard what kind of lighting are you going to have for it? Because one thing i have learned over the years is that having the right effect from the lights can make or break a props effectiveness.
Well the plan is to have his head lit up like a real kin. Then I may do some sort of red glow coming from his torso. Then a red flood light shining upwards from the base (which I have yet to build! EEK!)
Sounds really good. If you run out of time just buy a base from Lowes or a local hardware store, can't wait to see the finished product and the pics.
By CorpseBride
wookie66 wrote: Sounds really good. If you run out of time just buy a base from Lowes or a local hardware store, can't wait to see the finished product and the pics.
Okay what?? You can buy bases? Well phooey! I will have to grab one for next year. My Dad jimmied one together for me. It's not the prettiest thing but we were on a time crunch. I just hid it behind a some other decorations and covered parts that were showing with some spooky cloth.

Here is the end result! I plan to do a little more on it throughout the year, there are few things I wand to add/change.

Here he is at night...I ran out of lights so his head didn't glow as much as I wanted. Next year I suppose!
:cry:

By nosferatu
Brilliant. I would buy him if he was in the shops.

Fab pictures and looks brilliant at night.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yes yes yes! Oh, he is utterly creepy! The photography helps too, with the dramatic angles and all. Isn't it nice to have the skills to make new friends? I mean literally... make friends. I hope you and your new pumpkin pal have many fun years together, as you continue to add to him and your collection of creeps.
By keifferone
That is just sick. I love it.
By MIKECOZ8
Wow -- that is fantastic --- pat yourself on the back ~ you should be very proud
By monstermash
Stupendous. Utterly stupendous. :D
By wookie66
Wow very cool, all your hard work payed off and it looks fantastic. You can also use a tree stand as a base and put some creepy cloth around it. Once again great job, and what do you have planned next year to go along with the Pumpkin Rot?
By CorpseBride
Thanks guys!! It was a blast to make...I can't wait to do more!

Funny you should mention that Wookie. I purchased a cheap skeleton today (the pop together the pieces kind) for 4.00 on clearance. It is 3/4 life size. The plan is to use him as a base and paper mache over him to create something very spooky. I am thinking half rotted out...pieces of hair...tattered clothes....rotting flesh...sugar and spice and everything nice...:wink:

something like this...but creepier :twisted:

By ghostface
Bravo CB! Looks amazing!