Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh, I need to have my own pumpkin torture dungeon. What a great idea. You picked the right house, I'd say. Your devotion will never be questioned! :lol:
By Kittie
I will try to get a few more pics up tonight. We did red paint in between the cinder blocks, to outline them a bit. Looks freaking sweet! I got the primer/stain blocker over the stain in the floor, and I hope to get the floor painted today (just doing a simple grey floor for now), and then tomorrow I have to put the top coat of clear protectant on the cabinets doors(the orange is flat paint and hard to wash), and once that dries I can put the doors on and get the pretty full effect!! I love it so far. Unforunately, the two blue walls that are left, will remain blue for this season. . I was thinking of paiting the one with a white board paint, or chakboard paint so we can draw on them each year!
By Kittie
More work done!!

By Zombie Pumpkins!
As I've mentioned before, I love red and black together. The walls look great. For some reason, I imagine that the mortar is made of blood. Or maybe blood is seeping through from the other side. Your house wasn't built on an ancient burial ground, was it? :o
By Kittie
hehe you know, I have no idea! :P We do have to do one more coat of the red lines. There are a few spots you can still see the black beneath it. So we do have to give those a once over. I am really excited with out it's turning out! We talked about doing bloddy red handprints on the wall. . . . heheh
By CorpseBride
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:...For some reason, I imagine that the mortar is made of blood. Or maybe blood is seeping through from the other side. Your house wasn't built on an ancient burial ground, was it? :o
Same here! Some blood drips and handprints (great idea Kittie) are the only thing that is missing :D

P.S - I have my stuff packed and ready to go...address? :lol:
By Kittie
I get to paint the floor tonight, and then glaze the cabinet doors tomorrow! So I should be able to put it all back together before the weekend starts! We HAVE to go pumpkin hunting this weekend! We dont' have any yet. . .
By nosferatu
There is a great episode of Hammer House of Horror from the early eighties called "The House That Bled".

I remember it particularly well as the girl is having a birthday party when all of a sudden there is a gurgling sound in the central heating system followed by the pipes coming from the walls and ceiling, spewing all the nine year olds with blood.

For years afterwards whenever I heard pipework gurgle, I was certain that this was about to happen to me.

I note that you have some exposed pipework in the ceiling.............
By monstermash
nosferatu wrote:There is a great episode of Hammer House of Horror from the early eighties called "The House That Bled".

I remember it particularly well as the girl is having a birthday party when all of a sudden there is a gurgling sound in the central heating system followed by the pipes coming from the walls and ceiling, spewing all the nine year olds with blood.
Ive got that and many other episodes on DVD. I immediately thought of that too. Do you remember the episode when the sleazy estate agent keeps dreaming of his death? Best. Episode. Ever!
I agree with you and CB, subtle drips of blood seeping from the cracks and the odd handprint smear would look jsut wonderful.
By ghostface
Looking good, Kittie!! :D
By Kittie
The Floor is all painted! Now I have to put the top clear coat on the cabinets! Almost time to put it all back together!!!

By purple1worm
That looks Awesome! Happy carving!