Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By ghostface
Haunted House looks awesome! But I love the costumes!! :D
By MooBoo
AMAZING!!! I have loved watching your progress and it has all come together so great. Simply amazing! And your costumes are brilliant. :D
By monstermash
Unbelievable. Outstanding. Exceptional. Phenominal. Magnificent.
If I had a hat I'd take it off to you.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I don't think I spoke up much during this process of this thread. I guess I was just speechless.

It's so awesome to see an idea go from paper to reality. You really must be proud of the efforts. Maybe not exactly how you saw it all in your minds eye (you perfection, you). But clearly stunning and worthy of any praise you got at the party. And to think, most of this stuff is made out of basic materials you could get at any hardware store like foam and plastic and cloth.

Do you think you'll need to take a year off eventually? You're allowed to give yourself a slight breather by scaling back now and then, if you have to. But please don't ever stop with your great displays and costumes. We count on your pictures to inspire us now!
By mesmark
Thanks for the nice comments. Generally, I feel that the pictures from my parties are often as good or better than the real experience, but this year might be the first time that I feel the pictures didn't do it it justice. This year's party was much better in person.

I'm all cleaned up for the most part, but still a little tired. I've printed pictures to give out to people and I posted the full write-up for the party on my school's website: Haunted House Halloween Party

The haunted house was a big success with the students and the parents. Since the party, quite a few people have come and talked with me about it. I also heard that a few people who were there have blogged and posted pics. They've also received nice comments and are linking to my site. I know of two people who weren't even there and after seeing the pictures have blogged about it. :D
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Do you think you'll need to take a year off eventually? You're allowed to give yourself a slight breather by scaling back now and then, if you have to.
Well, this is my English school's 10th anniversary year and the 10th Halloween party, so some people knew we were going to try to make this extra special. They assume we'll scale back next year. However, each year I seem to get better at making more with less and stretching ideas further and further. I assume we'll stay on pace for a while longer.

I think the challenge at this point is to maybe redo the entire thing. maybe pick a new venue or completely change the way the party is run. I would love to make it an evening event, maybe an all day event at my house where people can come and go, then eventually end in a nice adult party to cap off the night ...

Personally, my goal for the next party is to enjoy it more. I need to relax a bit more and just let the good times roll ... I tend to try to control the fun too much :P

there are already a few ideas floating around for next year. Some from before and a few new ones. then there's always the idea of bringing in monkeys ...
By monstermash
mesmark wrote:Personally, my goal for the next party is to enjoy it more. I need to relax a bit more and just let the good times roll ... I tend to try to control the fun too much :P
That was me all over this year. Maybe its the culmination of all those months of work. Perhaps subconsciously we know its all going to end in a matter of hours and were trying to squeeze out every last bit of the occasion. Maybe some pre-party halloween meditation is in order.
By purple1worm
Awesome!!
By sloaner
mesmark wrote:
I kept the inside of the border to cut out letters from. I used my longest phrase as the rule for the letter height. "Turn back"
He totally arranged those letter just to spell out Pee. lol