Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By CorpseBride
I just finished doing up some poison bottles. I used the Love Manor labels. They were very fun to make!! Again...sorry for the fuzzy images. My new camera is on order :D

Poison & Snakes

Dead Mans Toes, Vampire Blood, & Coffin Nails (real ones!!)

Eyeballs, Zombie Virus, & Bat Skeletons
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah, those came out awesome. The cork and twine and little accents. Gives it that ancient sorta look. This year kinda got away from me, but keep the inspiration coming. Next year I have plans to make a lot more props and other fun stuff.
By GUS
I'm gutted, for me pleased for you! ..when I visited Love manor & saw these it wouldn't let me print out! ..what was all that about!? :cry:
Are you sticking the odd one on folks beers when you're working, just for laughs?
By CombichristGirl
those are amazing! and i love the that there are real coffin nails in that bottle!!! :)
By monstermash
Super bottles CB! The little touches like the string and the skulls are excellent.
By mesmark
Those are excellent and the sizing for the labels on the bottles was well done.

Every year I label my soda bottles with weird names like "vampire blood" and a price like "one finger", but the idea is a little old. I downloaded a lot of the labels and I'm going to paste those on the soda bottles this year. Not nearly as nice as your bottles, but something new.

Thanks for the idea!
By CorpseBride
GUS wrote:I'm gutted, for me pleased for you! ..when I visited Love manor & saw these it wouldn't let me print out! ..what was all that about!? :cry:
Are you sticking the odd one on folks beers when you're working, just for laughs?
Wonderful Love Manor has made them savable and printable you just have to click a few more times.

Click on the link below
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovemanor/2983552920/

Then right click the image and select the largest size available. It will take you to a new screen where you can then save the image then print.

Thanks everyone! They were so fun to make! I recommend it. I should of got some pics of what was on the inside of them. I tried to make them as real as I could.
By Raven
Wow! Those are excellent! Nice job on the little extra's added. Love how the bottles even look old. I have a small collection of old time bottles that I have found at old out house sites. Those labels would look awesome on them.
By purple1worm
Cool!! :D
By GUS
CB, seeing as you have access to many bottles! ...& a dremel or similar, how about looking for a bottle with a deeply recessed bottom, get a glass cutting bit & mount a waterproofed led with a small battery compartment in the recessed piece, eg blue / red on clear glass?
they're ace as is, but if you want a pointless project... :wink:
By jen d.
GUS wrote:They're ace as is, but if you want a pointless project... :wink:

GUS ! Hold your tongue... there is no such thing as a pointless project when it comes to Halloween crafting. :lol:
By GUS
CorpseBride wrote:
GUS wrote:I'm gutted, for me pleased for you! ..when I visited Love manor & saw these it wouldn't let me print out! ..what was all that about!? :cry:
Wonderful Love Manor has made them savable and printable you just have to click a few more times.

Click on the link below
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovemanor/2983552920/

Then right click the image and select the largest size available. It will take you to a new screen where you can then save the image then print.

Thanks everyone! They were so fun to make! I recommend it. I should of got some pics of what was on the inside of them. I tried to make them as real as I could.
Thanks CB, just about to hook up the colour printer, what sort of paper do you reckon, high quality architectural paper?
By CorpseBride
To tell you the truth I just used your every day printer paper and put the settings on best quality. Then I cut out my labels and crinkled them up into tiny balls. I then flattened them out and pasted them on the bottles with a water/white glue mixture. Then I watered down brown (raw sienna) paints and brushed along the edges of the label for a more aged look.

Once all that was done I put 2 coats of artist's matte varnish on them to protect them. And voila!
GUS wrote:CB, seeing as you have access to many bottles! ...& a dremel or similar, how about looking for a bottle with a deeply recessed bottom, get a glass cutting bit & mount a waterproofed led with a small battery compartment in the recessed piece, eg blue / red on clear glass?
they're ace as is, but if you want a pointless project... :wink:
Oh my! That sounds a little advanced for me! :lol: