Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By nosferatu
Ubercool!

Love them. And the bouquet is a lovely, ghoulish touch.
By nosferatu
If you post it to me first, I will forward to Dadja on 1st November.......maybe
By purple1worm
Great job! Love the Poe one!! I did one a few year's back. I'd like to out a bouquet of 3 roses and a empty cognac bottle.

Adding to the mystery surrounding Poe's death, an unknown visitor affectionately referred to as the "Poe Toaster" paid homage to Poe's grave annually beginning in 1949. As the tradition carried on for more than 60 years, it is likely that the "Poe Toaster" was actually several individuals, though the tribute was always the same. Every January 19, in the early hours of the morning, the person made a toast of cognac to Poe's original grave marker and left three roses.
By CorpseBride
Holy crap! Thanks for all the kind words everyone! You are all far too kind!

As for actually selling my tombstones...I like that idea. I think I might just give it a go next year, I will be all done school and my son will be older and a little more independent. I am pumped! I think that would be a great little side job....if I can part with them once I have made them that is...:lol:
punchi wrote:How did you get the patterns on the headstone They look embossed. That is awesome work!
I printed out the lettering
Taped it to the stones
Used a pen x-acto knife to cut cut and dig the letters
Then used acrylic paint and filled in the lettering
Then spraypainted and painted the crap out of the stone
Then touched up the lettering with some waterproof black paint.
Nikki wrote:
How long did it take you to finish just one of them? They look like a lot of time and effort went in to them :)

I
Hmmm I didn't really time myself. But I know I spent a few evenings because I was trying out different painting techniques. I will have to time the next one to see.
purple1worm wrote:Great job! Love the Poe one!! I did one a few year's back. I'd like to out a bouquet of 3 roses and a empty cognac bottle.

Adding to the mystery surrounding Poe's death, an unknown visitor affectionately referred to as the "Poe Toaster" paid homage to Poe's grave annually beginning in 1949. As the tradition carried on for more than 60 years, it is likely that the "Poe Toaster" was actually several individuals, though the tribute was always the same. Every January 19, in the early hours of the morning, the person made a toast of cognac to Poe's original grave marker and left three roses.
:lol: you rock....that is totally what I was going for (hence the 3 "roses" <-- didn't have any kicking around). I don't have an empty bottle of cognac but I am thinking of stopping past the pub around the corner and asking them to save one for me :D
By CorpseBride
Ajax wrote:The kids in the way of the bride :x just kidding :lol: Nice tombies look way better then anything you could buy at the store.
:D :lol: :D

Its still not done...didn't get to it today. Made a mini sign instead and worked on my creepy book cover :D
By purple1worm
Nice Franky tombstone too! The patterns at the bottom are a nice touch!
By mesmark
Those tombstones are awesome! I made some back in 2006 but they were pretty plain.

I actually made those in case the ones I bought on eBay didn't make it in time. Anyway, the ones I bought off eBay never made it ...

Anyway, you could certainly sell yours, but it'd be hard to get back what you put in. We pretty much just sell stuff for cost. It makes our projects free but doesn't make us money.
By CorpseBride
Really? I have never had an issue with it. But I only purchase from sellers with a stellar rating. The buyer protection program is great too.

Mesmark: I like your tombstones! The skull one is my fave. And did you report the item? Did you get your money back?!?
By jen d.
Poe. <3 My goodness, Corpsebride... seriously amazing stuff. The EAP headstone is perfection. It's elegant and creepy... two of my favourite things!
By mudd
I really loved the poe slab, great picture. The cat just added that epic touch.
By mesmark
CorpseBride wrote:Mesmark: I like your tombstones! The skull one is my fave. And did you report the item? Did you get your money back?!?
I originally thought the seller might have shipped surface mail which takes 1-2 months. I was too busy with Halloween prep, party, etc. to follow up on it. Then when I did go to report, I had passed the 60 day window and the auction was removed. So, I didn't get the $ back.

I just chalked it up to a rather cheap lesson learned. I do think eBay is very good for buyers. You just need to keep up on it.

I've bought a few other things and never had a problem.
By GUS
As a seller it's getting harder, ebay don't patrol & control the rogues!
I just left a rare neg, after waiting 37 days i'm awaiting an echeque to clear for an item I never received, painful as I know how bad they areto your reputation, however it was deserved & i've spent days brooding as to or not.

(incidentally their negs & neutrals jumped up alot over the past few weeks so something seems iffy)
By purple1worm
I've never purchased from ebay. My my bf has and hasn't had a problem. But he's very carefull of whom he buys from. He checks their rating and stuff.