Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By CorpseBride
Courtesy of Martha Stewart....suspended Spider Egg Sacs!! I think they are just plain fantastic. I have made 2 so far and plan to make a whole bunch. My little twist is I am going to put battery operated tealights inside to give a glowing effect. I will post pics after I am all set up!

8)

Here are the instructions for how to make them:
http://shellhawksnest.blogspot.com/2009 ... oween.html

Or pick up the latest Martha Stewart halloween issue :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
made these (well similar ) last year along with a coooned man...knowing there was a tutorial would have helped lol
By Dredge
WOW! Gives me the heeby jeebies...Im going to make some. Nice Find!
By purple1worm
cool! I've got to make me a couple of those!
By GUS
If you were, say to rip out the guts / if small enough, just place in the sac a small ..ahem "ladies bedside companion" running on a AAA cell battery or similar, then dependant upon angle & possibly speed you find it's got movement as if teeming with the critters.

..pretty much this is how the rat in a trap prop works, minimal movement via a rotational cuff.. easy to make technically.

As an alternative you could se one of those home-medic battery massagers..
By SuperSonic
The only thing that bugs me about it. Egg sacs are never that big. Trust me i've seen some big ones but the biggest I have seen is about the size of a hotwheels car. So to me that seems a little exagerated.
By SaneInsideInsanity
mine were huge...like the idea to mkae them vibrate lol....maybe work on that for this year

By CorpseBride
SuperSonic wrote:The only thing that bugs me about it. Egg sacs are never that big. Trust me i've seen some big ones but the biggest I have seen is about the size of a hotwheels car. So to me that seems a little exagerated.
That is what makes it scarier! Imagine the spider that layed THAT sac!!

Gus: You never cease to amaze me. Pure awesome right there son.

Insanity: Bravo!! They look great!
By GUS
Youll never see the "ladies companion" (..being polite) as a halloween project on martha stewart.

Old "rabbits" would give interesting squirm movements, ...asking your gal-pals for their redundant "friends" for cannibalism into a halloween prop would meet with raised eyebrows though!

gentle lollop mode through to rampant pounding (sacs) :lol:
By SuperSonic
CorpseBride wrote:
SuperSonic wrote:The only thing that bugs me about it. Egg sacs are never that big. Trust me i've seen some big ones but the biggest I have seen is about the size of a hotwheels car. So to me that seems a little exagerated.
That is what makes it scarier! Imagine the spider that layed THAT sac!!!
I guess when you put it that way it makes a bit more sense.
By CombichristGirl
god thats creepy!spiders creep me out for some reason ha ha great job
By CorpseBride
Done!!

I will have to get a pic at night with them. There are about 8 sacs in all but I just snapped a quick couple of pics :D

By purple1worm
Those are cool! I'd like to make some but I'm having trouble finding white stockings :cry: