Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By CombichristGirl
some more update pics :). things have been slow the past week but im trying to get back into it. also never forget to click my photos for full view :)
couldnt get/figure out how to get the effect i wanted so i just stuck the pic on lol you cabt really see in the pic but there is green and orangish tones to help
A FEW NEW UPDATES:
i really liked the way this magnet looked and though tthat would be great with some nmbc pumpkins. obviously not exact but hey close enough for me lol
Last edited by CombichristGirl on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By zombombie
WOW :o

That is seriosuly good work. Such fantastic detail, and I love the picture.

What's the pink stuff? Foam of some sort yes?

SO GOOD! A job well done to be sure :D
By GUS
jealous, so jealous, that insulation foam ...so expensive here!
By CombichristGirl
yep pink foamular :) it cost me $25 for a sheet of 2" and about $10 for 1/2" but seriously one sheet can make a dozen tombstones depending on size. i made this one and my cross and still have well over a half sheet of the 2". i liked how the cross hatch pattern came out. im disappointed that i could noty get the picture to be bubbled out. does anyone know what im talking about? i know what i want but couldnt even find pics of real stones much less a tut. anyways today im going to start working on 26 small stones for a gashlycrumb tiny scene from the back of the book.
By monstermash
Fantastic work CCG. Im really jealous too! Insulation is so bloody expensive for us Brits its ridiculous. The picture on the stone is really good. Ive seen tombstones like that before. How did you do it?
By CombichristGirl
for the picture i traced the pic then made a border and dremeled everything out used spray glue attached pic aged it a little and then put a piece of cut plastic like from security packages. i wanted it to be bubbled out but had no idea how to do it:/

can you guys get white beaded board? i know its cheaper here and can still do great things with it
By GUS
MM, dremesls are a wonder tool for |diy or this sort of thing, & with ebay / amazon attachments can be bought very cheaply!

recommended, I did part of my stove installation (chimney) witha dremel it was the only thing small enough to get in & remove cement off the terracotta chimney pipe.

By monstermash
Yeah im going to buy a dremel soon to start work on my stones. I found a good cheap 'un on Amazon.
By GUS
Look on ebay for a cheap router, or Hendrold1 as I recall...
let me know as & when & i'll get you the proper details.
Incidentally the Skil version is nigh on the same (also owned by bosch) so if you see a deal with a flexi-shaft you might think about it, however I find the dremel more comfortable.
By CombichristGirl
yeah doesnt have to be dremel brand. as a matter of fact i have3 been lying for years lmao mine is craftsman brand. mine is a five speed but rarely do i ever run it beyond 2 for funkins and tombstones i dont even go past 1-1 1/2 :)
thank you everyone for the comments :)
By SuperSonic
The Jack Tombstone looks magnificent :)
By GUS
Wundabar! :D