Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By GUS
What's this got to do with the decorating aspect of the site??

Well, I like the outdoors ..except on halloween I don't often spending hours in less than perfect weather conditions (ie blooming cold)
browsing an outdoor cooksite this morning, some nice recipes for camping...

http://www.guyropegourmet.com/

A washing machine drum, raised to keep from scorching the ground / using tent poles for a brazier type height, a rack suddenly forms a bbq.
but mainly it's cheap, tough, looks good when there is a fire blazing through the holes, go look through the site to see what I mean.
either for effect (& in a safe place away from kids in flammable costumes) or for more utilitarian purposes.

eg one on each side of a driveway, nice & atmospheric, or a few scattered around for an outdoors party!
the glow coming through the pre-formed holes looks amazing (imho) ...very pumpkin stencilesque.
By mudd
LOL, in high school my friends and i would use an old wash tub for bonfires and drink a few beers. sometimes wed have about 4 or 5 going, depending on how many people were thier or if it was a party. they do look kinda eerily when theres more than one lit. nowadays my wife uses the old ones for planting flowers...... :shock: i should grow pumpkins in one :D