Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Sam_hain
this year i plan on going big...im trying to get the most pumpkins carved...might be a big undertaking and i may fall short BUT....
my question is this...

in my carport i wanna hang either spray painted black tarps...or black out rolls on the ceiling and walls and use uv/black light paint and do a trick r treat style wall like the movie.... (see a theme with my name lol) anyway I think it would be a cool little walk through before the kids actually get their candy..... now would the black light reflect off the black out roll or spray painted tarp??
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sounds like a cool idea! If the black material you hang is truly black, I would think that it wouldn't reflect the blacklight (unless the black tarp was glossy, then you might get some glare I suppose). Either way, your glowing writing should pop plenty.
By Sam_hain
hey ryan I shot u an email with a little idea I came up with...hope u like...i got so many ideas day in and day out lol gotta start now to make sure I get all I wanted lol
By GUS
We use landscaping weed rolls for blacking up any areas, as it's very cheap & durable for a large area, & has uses in the garden too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_light
Cannot make out from your post as to whether you understand the mechanics of blacklight, if not sure peruse this to get an understanding as to backdrops & nature of the beast.

Oh & the little bulbs tend to be really rubbish, so do experiment & research now in order to ensure success.