Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
FINALLY I finished this guy! I got him up in the yard today - I have to explain that because of storage issues, I couldnt replicate the movie Pumpkin King scarecrow so I opted for what I hope is a respectable alternative and modeled mine after the one in front of the Haunted Mansion Holiday in Disneyland. (Basically arms bent vs. straight out)

I used a Funkin for the head and of course, the pattern from here. I wanted a much bigger head but this was the biggest one I could find! Bummer. Maybe I will find a bigger one another time, changing the head would be very easy.

*clicking on links takes you to my webshots photo album where you can see them full size*

Closer shot:

Picture of the Haunted Mansion Holiday Pumpkin King:

It was my daughters 3rd birthday today so I ran out of time to get more shots but I am almost done with the fence and will post more shots as I get everything up and photographed. (LIke her mama, she loves all this stuff so I think she's a keeper) Here she is with the Pumpkin King and for perspective, she's exactly 3 feet tall.

Have I mentioned I love Halloween? :twisted:

Julie
Last edited by scully on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
That is gob smacking, amazing!

Absolutely amazing. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Can't say much more than that as it is so good
Hi all! I didnt want to start a new thread just to share this minor update but I thought posting here would give me the proverbial kick in the pants to get going on this years addition to my Nightmare theme.

Backstory: we just moved so I had to reconfigure where all my decorations are going to go. Obviously, Halloween is in just a little over 2 weeks so I need to get my ax to the grindstone! Without further ado... I am going to try to make the Boogie man himself... Mr. Ooogie Boogie

My garage has a window that faces the street so I am going to house Oogie inside the window with black drape and black lights.

Due to the minor time crunch, Oogie is going to be made out of styrofoam sheeting that I picked up at Home Depot for $9 (4x8 sheet) I got an additional piece to do his wheel as well.

All I have done so far is a rough sketch in black marker but here it is as of tonight:

I am going to glue some fake bugs in the fabric tears and add the dice to his hand.

I will post updates as I go... I would love to get your feedback on the new setup at the new house. Until then, happy haunting!
Julie
By jen d.
Awesome, sounds super exciting!! Can't wait to see the results. :)
By monstermash
It sounds great. I'd love to see the finished result. By the way your pumpkin king is really cool too. (hadn't noticed it before :) )
By SuperSonic
Even for a time crunch this is stupendous work :) Can't wait to see the results!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
When Mr. Oogie Boogie says
There's trouble close at hand
You'd better pay attention now
'Cause I'm the Boogie Man
By Hottie McNaughty
This looks fantastic! We got to see the Haunted Mansion all done up with NBC one year when we went to Disneyland and it was amazing!
By SuperSonic
zombiepumpkins wrote:When Mr. Oogie Boogie says
"And if you aren't shakin'
Theres something very wrong
'Cause this may be the last time
You hear the Boogie song"
By monstermash
SuperSonic wrote:
zombiepumpkins wrote:When Mr. Oogie Boogie says
"And if you aren't shakin'
Theres something very wrong
'Cause this may be the last time
You hear the Boogie song"

Ohh, Ohh, Ohh, I'm the Oogie Boogie man. :lol:
By AusZom
So have my next halloween costume picked lol might do the whole Nightmare before xmass or kingdom hearts style theme would be amazing but oogie Boogie is the bomb
By scully
Todays been unproductive but I got a few layers of paint on him yesterday (I made the error of not priming him with latex paint, overall, would have been faster than 10 coats of white acrylic to cover the blue writing.) Anyway, ignore the foot, I drew it forward, realize it needs to be facing other way so I am fixing that tonight.

Hes about halfway done at this point, I have to add more neon green (the stuff I got from Michaels is so sheer!) more shading and then his stitches and bugs. You all are all so nice with your compliments, (THANK YOU!) at first I thought they were sarcastic after all I posted was a sketch on stryofoam, LOL.

Now if I could just get the Oogie song out of my head!
By CombichristGirl
freaking awesome to the max!!
wow oogies so bright he reflexs on the chair lol