Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
See post on November 1 for video!!

I ordered a product off a Halloween web site and received it on 10/15/09. When it arrived the power cord was badly damaged due to poor packaging. The insulation on the cord was actually cut in 3 places.

So I called the company, the apologized and sent a new cord out. I got that in a few days, but it was the wrong type of cord --- it didn't fit the item.

So, another call. This time I sent a picture of the type of cord I needed, along with a picture of the wrong one they sent me. Again a new cord was sent out, which I got on 10/22/09.

Now new cord number 2, DOES NOT WORK!! I took the new cord to an electrician friend who tested the cord ---- the cord doesn't get any power. So, I e-mail the company and let them know.

Their response was "We will see if we have another to send." That was on 10/23/09. The next day I sent both cords back to them. That was the last I heard from them. (five days ago!!)

Today I found the manufacturer website and e-mailed them with all the above information with a copy sent to the site I ordered from.
I got a response from the manufacturer apologizing for the problem and a promise of a new cord.

I also got a response from the site I ordered from almost imediately after the manufacturer. They seemed pissed that I sent them the cords back. They also seemed a little miffed that I mentioned a "lack of response" on their end. They "don't consider sending 2 cords a lack of response."

I mean I haven't heard from them since Friday!! This is a $300.00 Animatronic that I want to use for Halloween, and I just want a power cord that isn't cut and split in 3 different places held together by eletrical tape.

The manufacturer is in Colorado and is a wholesaler, website I ordered from based in New York. So they are not the same company
Last edited by badgers on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
By CombichristGirl
doesn't sound unreasonable to me. u spend all that money and it should work the first time. they need to get on that
By badgers
Thank you! :) I would post the web sites here, but I'm trying to give these people a chance to make good.

I mean Ryan here is a one man operation, and he gets back to you with a response within an hour usually, even if it's "I will have to get back to you on that."

But I think waiting 5 days with NO response whatsoever is uncalled for.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
As a seller of products myself, I know that mistakes can happen (packaging errors, damage in transit, lost packages). So I try to be patient with other companies too. While you certainly expect professionalism and a the level of service advertised, always remember that there's a person on the other end and we're all human.

That said, I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. If I were to make an error with the packaging of an order, I'd certainly try extra hard to make sure the replacement was correct. The repeated errors are certainly frustrating.

And as for waiting 5 days, that does seem a bit long for a company that deals in a seasonal sort of product. When you get into a Halloween related business, you have to accept the fact that customers expect the service to be correctly performed in time for Halloween. At least, that's my approach.
By nosferatu
Hopefully you will still get it in sorted in time.

Consider yourself lucky though, over here there is currently yet another three day postal strike.
By badgers
I got the new power cord today and a new power unit!!! And it works great!! A big thumbs up to the guys/girls at http://thehorrordome.com and also at http://www.distortionsunlimited.com for coming through.
So now the creepy, scary zombie grandma I have will be able to rock in her chair :D

If you are looking for some scary stuff they have it!!
By Dr. Frybrain
You are not being unreasonable at all.
By gregh3196
Glad to hear you got it all worked out and make sure and post pics :D
By monstermash
You were pefectly within your rights. Your old granny looks like a great prop, super creepy!
By nosferatu
That's cool. I bet it was really creepy when darkness fell. Well worth all the hassle you had.