Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By tetrismonkey
so over a year ago i got an idea to put together a Halloween Tree kind of like a Christmas tree but just for Halloween now I'm sure I'm not the first person to think this up but i want to post my 1st try at it and see what people think
i put it together for a low cost buying most the decorations after the Halloween and Christmas season last year, and i plan on buying more things this year after Halloween, here are a few pictures

please don't mind the bad camera just used my cell phone
most of the ordainment are made from embroidery designs my mother had and she gave them to me when I sheared my idea with her, i used a 6ft fake Christmas tree, good old cob webs like garland, black lights to light the whole thing, and a skeleton tree topper
i think it turned out good for my first try but i know it could always be better
has anyone done something like this i would love to here your thoughts
thanks
Last edited by tetrismonkey on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperSonic
I was dissapointed to find this post to be not what I thought it was but nonetheless nice tree :)
By tetrismonkey
SuperSonic wrote:I was dissapointed to find this post to be not what I thought it was but nonetheless nice tree :)
what were you hoping for?
By SuperSonic
i was under the impression that this was a post about the old tv movie tittled"the Halloween Tree" an old 90s movie
By tetrismonkey
SuperSonic wrote:i was under the impression that this was a post about the old tv movie tittled"the Halloween Tree" an old 90s movie
sorry i don't know that movie but i will have to look it up
sorry to have miss led you
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I love it, everyone should have a Halloween tree. Your "angel" on top is especially grim. Keep adding to it from year to year, you'll have a cool collection of spooky ornaments and such before ya know it.
By SuperSonic
:lol: dont worry about it
By mudd
i like the topper. ive been thinking of doing a tree someday with lil coffins underneath to "symbolize " presents. riverside ca? well hello neighbor,greetings from moreno valley . keep the creativity going.
By Ajax
Love the tree topper.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ooh, Mudd I like the coffin shaped present idea. My Christmas tree is quite Halloween-y already. I may just do that to add even more to the spook factor.
By Cheef
I like the idea and concept. The only thing I would maybe do different is have a diferent kind of tree than we use for Christmas. something with long dead branches, etc. would seem more appropriate to me. But I dont like to mix my holidays. Dont get me wrong, its awesome. any chance you could put up some clear pictures?
By Dr. Frybrain
SuperSonic wrote:i was under the impression that this was a post about the old tv movie tittled"the Halloween Tree" an old 90s movie
The 'Halloween Tree' is a 1993 movie, based on Ray Bradbury's book by the same title. (Ray Bradbury is the narrator in the movie.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191173/

The Halloween Tree was basically just a tree with Jack o'Lanterns hanging from it. You could create one by just stringing a set of pumpkin lights in your outdoor tree(s).

By tetrismonkey
thank you all for the great input gives me lots of idea for next year i really like the coffin idea, and i like the idea of a very dead looking tree with long branches and maybe even all black i will try to star planing looking forward to next years already
thank you again