Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By paddy_babe
Ok, so halloween has not gone to plan.... was going to make tombstones.... wasnt able to get the stuff... MIGHT still make one/two
was going to buy some but stock in the uk is cr@p!

was going to make papier mache kins but now have been roped in on making some for a friends kids so wont have any left for me (and no time to make some more) and wasnt going to attempt ground breakers this year.

SO, how can I have a half-decent display when I'm running out of time and ideas? I have the carved 'kins and spider webs in mind... thats it :( (busting my hip really set me back :? )

any ideas welcomed!
By CombichristGirl
a little caution tape may be.. hmm u could may be do just the hands and head of a ground breaker for now.. that s what i ended up having to do because i suck lol
By monstermash
You could always make some big spiders, all you need is a bit of black material and some wire. I made this one qiuckly, its not at all scary so fine for little kids.

The body is an old sock and legs were black furry material. Scary eh?!?! :P
By SaneInsideInsanity
for a quick dead hand ground breaker take a latex glove you know the ones for cleaning jam it full of newspapers or old shopping bags smear white/peach paint all over it let dry shove a twig in he ground prop the "hand" on it cover base with leaves so it can't be seen and drip some fake blood/red food coloring on it....:D

Another cheap one is make un "uncle ted" stuff old clothes so it looks like someone is sitting on you porch stuff a creept old mask as well turn a flash light on in the mask it will come out the eye holes....leave head on his lap or on his neck....you'd be amazed at how many people ask if "uncle ted is real....they just watch him waiting go get jumped on lol
By sloaner
I think I will be making an "Uncle Ted" this year. When I was younger I never turned my back to those things.
By paddy_babe
I LOVE the spider and hand idea.... will defo incorprate them into this halloween :D
By nameless
I know you said you couldn't find tombstones you liked, but if you have a Tesco near you it might be worth checking it out.

I got myself some tombstones there today for £3 each, and I'm not sure if they're on two-for-one or the checkout woman messed up, but I only got charged for one!

There's also a bigger 'set' which as a large tombstone, two smaller ones and some other bits and bobs (there's about 27 things in total) for £10.

I was also planning on making tombstones myself, but I'm glad I saw these first before buying all the stuff I would have needed.

For the price, they're great, and I'm more than happy with the way they look. In fact, I'm tempted to head up there tomorrow to get some more ...
By nameless
Ah, too bad. It is one of the uber-Tescos however (Newcastle).

I did go back though, and it turns out they're only £1.50 each, so if anyone reading has one of the massive Tescos near them, it's worth a look.