Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Cheef
Im essentially to the painting phase on my projects and didnt feel like spending the cash today. So i went a little crazy and decided to see what i could do with the scrap wood, old newspaper and duct tape i had.

I give you BOB. the ground breaker. in his most basic form. I just make more work for myself when i get bored.

I will be posting more about him on my blog. but wanted to show you this little bit as its all Ive gotten done on him so far. I should note, this is my first ever attempt at a ground breaker and am quite pleased with myself so far.
By nosferatu
Fabulous Cheef! Looks great and he will be amazing once finished. Top stuff 8)
By Cheef
Hes not coming along as fast or as well as i wanted. But he is likely to be ready by the 31st. I hope..

By nosferatu
He looks fab! I think he'll be amazing once finished
By monstermash
He looks wonderful, my ground breaker looks ridiculous compared to yours. The finished article will be great. Im now far too embarrassed to show mine!
By Cheef

Oh yea, some minor detail work and he is finished up. cant wait for the spooks to see it.
By Cheef
He is all finished up now. I have a ton of pictures of him on my blog. Was a absolute blast to make him and am already planning on making several more in the future.

By SaneInsideInsanity
awesome my new groundbreakers have been put in the basement half finsihed i know i wont have time to complete them your looks great
By Zombie Pumpkins!
He came a long way from his original duct-tape form. He now looks absolutely mummified. Don't be surprised if some archeologists stop by your display to investigate.
By The Captain
He looks awesome Cheef, I love the leathery look you got. The more times you make them, the easier and quicker they come together. You start to learn short cuts and tricks. Nice work
By Cheef
I hope to get more advanced in the future. this one was really jsut an experiment to see what i could do on the cheap with some newspaper, duct tape and whatever scrap wood and paints i had laying around.

Im discovering I really like this kind of project. Liking it to the point where I would like to try and take it to another level.

Next time - more dynamic posing. some skull modification, and i would like to get some more detail work done on thinkgs like his hands and fingernails..

god, my mind is already planning for next year. make it stop.
By The Captain
The hands are the most difficult and time consuming part, but they take the zombie to the next level I think. If I do both hands on a prop you can bet its going take at least an additional hour or more to complete it.

I struggled with hands till I found this picture (I think from Stolloween???) I use a modified version of this method

Can't wait to see your future props