Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Kittie
I want an inexpensive, yet effective Low Lying Fog Machine. Any ideas? What do you own? I am looking to spend $100 or a little more or less.
By punchi
I believe Gus is the authority on this subject, but if you want the fog to be low you need to keep it cold. The ground fogger machines just have a chamber for regular ice in the front of them. Go look on you tube, I found a lot of good ideas and how-to's there.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Kittie, that's gonna make your display look great! Indeed, I have a feeling Gus will pop in here soon to write a novel and tell you how much it would cost in British pounds.

I have limited fogger experience, so I can't tell you much. I used one a couple years ago (don't recall the brand or wattage). Then last year I built a fog chiller for it using a big cooler (to hold ice) with some dryer vent pipe running through it.

I didn't get to test my chiller though, as the fogger decided to give up the ghost on the big night. I think this is because I didn't properly clean it the last time I used it.

So that's the one bit of advice I do have for you... after using it, empty the extra fog fluid and run some cleaning fluid through it. Letting it just sit uncleaned seems to not be a wise idea.
By sloaner
I got one from party packagers for $90 or $100 last year. It woked ok outside and it worked great inside. The wind makes it hard to use outside. The one I got has a spot in the front to put ice, it melted fast but it does help keep the fog low.
By sloaner
I know I didnt post this question but thanks for the tip I will be using it this year. I think thats even the same fogger as mine.
By Kittie
Very cool video. I need to know a good wattage to get too. . .
By GUS
How cold soes the outside temp get?

How much extra ability do I want out of it for clusters? ..of visitors (re-heat time)

How much area coverage?
Do I have space to place it back out of site/ where operational noise is minimal? (if at museum then yes)

recommend 1000 watts kittie. but 700 would do BUT have annoying perios of re-heat.

Get that constant fx fogger, look at my other thread on foggers then look at you tube for the cooler chillers / long pvc pipe vids..
both work well.
By nosferatu
zombiepumpkins wrote: Indeed, I have a feeling Gus will pop in here soon to write a novel and tell you how much it would cost in British pounds.
Yep, you were right
By GUS
Ps your museum would be great for a projector rig up for the evening... :wink: so people could gather , linger, enjoy the atmoshpere, conviviality of the occasion, hot drinks, local spirit & purpose.
crowds create interest & more crowds through our natural curiosity!
so hopefully numbers would rise & word would spread as to your efforts!

I'm guessing a fogger would be for both locations?