Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Awesome, love the shapes and faces. What's next... painting plans?

Your faces are inspired by Killer Pumpkins? I thought they looked familiar. When you're done, you should send the photos to John over at that site. He'd probably like to show them in his gallery.
By Cheef
thanks for the comments Ryan. yes, painting is next. likely this weekend. It takes a couple days for the paper clay to get good and dry. And yes, I had actually planned on e-mailing him the pics when they were finished up.
By nosferatu
They look great Cheef. I have been following their progress on your blog and had wondered how they were doing? I think they'll fantastic once finished and I can't wait to see them
By paddy_babe
how did you glue attach the cardboard strips onto the sides of the mouths and eyes etc? (do you have a closer pic, I'm doing paper mache pumpkins and thats the bit I get stuck on :? )
By blueikaos
looks great!

These were on my weekend list to work on!
By Cheef
how did you glue attach the cardboard strips onto the sides of the mouths and eyes etc?
that was the hardest part. I basically just did it the hard way and held each piece of cardboard in by hand for a few minutes until the glue set up enough for me to let it go. It also helped that i used a light cardboard. What i used was strips I cut off of a cereal box. About 3/4 to 1 inch in width.
By GUS
how about hot melt?
By paddy_babe
ah will have to raid the cupboards for cereal boxes :D thanks!
By Cheef
I personally dont like Hot glue guns for this kind of application as i think old fashioned white glue sets up harder and has less tendency to crack or break off.

I think its been discussed before, but i think it would be preudent if i left a link to Stolloween.

http://www.stolloween.com/

the dude is a freekin GENIUS and has step by steps for all his projects, including the pumpkins. Im using his directions as close as possible on this project.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Love the work and i love stolloween i wish i could do what he does
By Cheef
Finally have these guys all finished. As always you can see more pics on my Blog..

It was a lot of fun doing this project and hope to make more advanced pieces in the future now that I have gone throught the process for the first time.

By GUS
if no skulls available , thick guage wire & pliers for fashioning jaws , nasal cavity, etc upon basic block shape from which to hang schmutter from..
I'm sure skullls will come easily enough to you after all you've done to date!