Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By paddy_babe
I've been reading the forums and have the basic idea of making a couple of tombstones, but does anyone know where I can get the polysterine foam insulation board (I think thats the stuff used).

By nosferatu
Wickes sell it. A 2400 x 600 x 50mm sheet costs £6.84. Good luck!
By paddy_babe
thanks nos will check it out at the weekend :D
By CombichristGirl
may i suggest u spring for pink or blue depending on whta they offer the white beaded works fine but the pink and blue are smoother and take detail better :)
By paddy_babe
Thanks CGirl :D

its advice like this that is invaluable to noobies like me :D
By GUS
You have B&Q up the road for insulation board, BUT it's neither cheap nor small, so i'd recommend getting whatever thickness your loft joists are, cutting the tombstone(S) to size then after use they can be slotted safely for their intended purpose of house insulation!

..if you visit B&Q , in the building section is the orangey pink stuff (quite thick) but cheaper than the foil backed variant ..in easy to handle mini size boards for the back of most larger vehicles.
By CombichristGirl
up here its $25 for 2" 4'x8' but u get like 6 or more tombstones depending on sizes. u pay $20 for a nice sized one at the store ya know
By GUS
here it's £25.00 for the same! :shock:
By paddy_babe
ohh I'll head down to b&Q aswell as wickes (nothing like shopping around lol). So things to look out for is colours?
white = cheaper
blue & pink = smoother but similar
orange = the proper stuff but more expensive

is that right? :?
lol
By CombichristGirl
dang!!!! still better than store though plus then its custom. and as someone said in a diff thread u can glue stuff to them as well for more custom fx
By paddy_babe
yeah, I want to make my own so I can say what goes on them (there are great sites out there with funny sayings).

this is an example;
http://familycrafts.about.com/od/haunte ... itaphs.htm

I also want to be creative this year, the ZP site and forums have inspired me! lol :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
making your own is so the way to go a they cost less b you can do whatever you'd like to them
By monstermash
I went to my local tip (not the bin bags and seaguls type) and asked them if i could take some wood. They had a whole section for old furniture etc. I got some good bits of wood to make a coffin, guillotine, and some gravestones all for free. If there is a place similar to that near you its definately worth a look. Anything where you dont pay a penny is great. I'm not just saying that because im Scottish, honestly!!
Also, were having a bonfire so lots of old solid wood wardrobes are great.