Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
As many of you will frequent various halloween sites, I was wondering when would be best to set a projector display up & running, on the night (saturday this year) ..or do you have animations running for several nights with your displayalready up in order to make people notice & hopefully visit?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
For me it's mainly a "one night only" show. And if I get a projector for Hallowindow, that will mostly likely be used just on the big night, mainly. But getting people to visit on Halloween night isn't tough for me, they all know to come see what the Patch Master is up to.
By CombichristGirl
id say run it a few days before just during prime hours for a little bit may be. i know we have a hard time getting people a because hardly anyone decorates b hardly anyone notices because we are on a circle. this year a few days before i want to make signs that say to visit us if i can. i wanna be on the news someday like many of u for my displays :). plus being on the news would def make people wanna stop lol
By paddy_babe
I agree with Cgirl,
I wouldnt display pumpkins or animated props but I'll be putting up a sign saying 'happy halloween' or something. That way people will know that we are receiving trick or treaters and hopefully it might even convince some kids to trick or treat where they wouldnt have bothered.
By GUS
Unless it's pouring we'll generally be inundated from before dusk!
By paddy_babe
GUS wrote:Unless it's pouring we'll generally be inundated from before dusk!
we could give the zombies/pumpkins snorkles!! :lol:

we've be lucky so far *touches wood* ....
By SaneInsideInsanity
I put up inside decorations that can be seen through windows and somethings that its hard to damage outside i have to spray paint in my front yard and i normally get a crowd if schools out, kid's generally know for a few weeks to come to my house however if i did have a projector i wouldn;t run it early i think t big of an advertisemnt saying i own this it's not rented come steal me
By GUS
we have multiple alarm systems, cameras, 3x dogs, & 1 axeman!
but yes the I borrowed a projector sign may be sensible
By sloaner
I think that I will play my favorite cartoon on october 30th, the legend of sleepy hollow. then I will play the Hallowindow on the 31st. I need to show off some goodies for people to come by.