Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
UPDATES FURTHER DOWN IN POST:)
so i had these heads sitting around wondering what to do with them and so i get the bright idea hey im new and cant afford a bucky so lets practice lmao its still in progress though and made a kin shelf will post more picks :)
dang made the nose to far in lookin from the side doh
the work shop ha ha
UPDATE:different light makes it look so different
my shelf and first 6 pumpkins of the year :)
workin on hands for the head may do an upper body to if i have time and money lol
a view of one of our halloween shops
this is what i have been up to since march lol
blood draws in hematology:
my friends also practicing:
some subcutaneous injections in pharmacology:
this is my injection i was about to get from a friend, my station is next to his lol:
i figure since i have the tools and whatnot i will go as a mad doctor lol
UPDATES:
one of my graves using nancysparkplugs ideas from youtube:)
crappy close up of moss made from dryer lint
moss drying
moss dried
tim burtony/my daughtery lol tombstone i really like the green and black
a hand for my head
and some bones im makin for a school report on fractures. made with crayola air dry clay still need a little paint though
and since im here and its not done this is a funkin im working on for display at school :)
Last edited by CombichristGirl on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Very cool! It's like those foam heads are just asking to be sculpted into something more EVIL. Did you feel a bit cruel as your dug out that poor souls eye sockets!? Fun fun! Keep at it.
By nosferatu
I love your stuff. Its out there....and then some. Genious use of something most people would scrap.
By CombichristGirl
i wanted to make a crank ghost but may just wait on that lol
i did feel bad at first but them i realized it was for the good of the people!lmao
i have a nother may be i will do another depending on how this turns out and try to carve the shape better i suck at sculpting lol
By SaneInsideInsanity
I think they look great...now to hit up the hairdressing scools and wig shops around here to see if they have any damaged one they want to get rid of....great idea
By CombichristGirl
i got mine a while back at sallys beauty for 3 something not to bad of an investment:)
By CombichristGirl
updates woot lol now off to work in the lab some more "properly" painting a few tombstones
By GUS
you really need to get that "drinks dispenser" get it strapped to your back & dispense the blood of life! :lol: ..go look I think i highlighted it in a recent post..
found it..

http://www.frightcatalog.com/Halloween- ... r-1006236/

OR even cheaper fit a bag full of red wine under your arm & appear to dispense shots straight from the vein, ..you've got the kit!
By scully
I love your creativity!

I also had to chuckle at all the Halloween stores opening up in the now vacant Circuit City stores... they used one here for a Halloween store too. Sadly, they are only using at most a third of the store! They should have either filled it up with product or turned half of it into a haunted house or something!
By SaneInsideInsanity
they're are 2 halloween distributors opening up here as well in the old a&b sound stores, they are not open yet however has anyone been in one yet?
By CombichristGirl
omg gus that is sexy time on a stick! i would so love to do that to freak people out.what about live blood draws in the years lmao or injections he he
By blueikaos
Awesome job!
Forgive me asking, but what materials did you use for the heads?
By CombichristGirl
not at all:)
i used a dremel to shave out the shape of coarse.
i then used toilet paper(as it let me get the effect i wanted super easy)and i used elmer's(PVA) glue and water 2 parts glue 1 part water twisted and bunched layers not really very many may be 3 or 4?
then i used some deep like brown mustard color and red paint in washes then went over that with a dark wood stain. after the halloween season i want to start another one and use a little lighter color stain for variation :) and thats it :)
By gregh3196
That looks great and sounds so easy, think i will try one too. thanks for the idea and pics :D