Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
:cry: It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the bleeping sale of the bleeping century!

...just gotta go & pick it up new & unused.. £169.00
(complete with a screen)
depending on how it's received it may be sold after halloween on an auction site!
Think asides from some cheap shower curtains & the hallowindow dvd i'm spent out for the coming season!
Due to how I felt last year I'm going to take it easy this year & have a nice warm house with a proper livingroom not given over to any props!

Highlights of the Optoma EX530 XGA Projector - 2600 Ansi Lumens
2600 Lumens for bright displays
Native XGA resolution, 2500:1 contrast ratio
Lamp life up to 4000 hours
Express Power on and shut down < 10 seconds
Full Specification
Audio Output
Form Factor

Integrated

Output Power / Channel

1 Watt

Sound Output Mode

Mono

Type

Speaker(s)

Cabinet (Chassis)
Built-in Devices

Speaker

Display (Projector)
Class

Digital projector

Colour support
24-bit (16.7 million colours)

Display Resolution Abbreviation
XGA

Image Brightness
2600 ANSI lumens

Image Contrast Ratio
2500:1

Max H-Sync Rate
91.4 kHz

Max Image Size
6.48 m

Max Resolution
1024 x 768

Max Resolution (Resized)
1400 x 1050

Max Screen Distance
10 m

Max V-Sync Rate
87 Hz

Min Image Size
0.58 m

Min Screen Distance
1 m

Native Aspect Ratio
4:3

Portability
Portable

Projector Features

16:9 aspect ratio support

Recommended Use of Projector

Presentation and multimedia

Throw Ratio

1.93 - 2.16:1

Type

DLP Projector

Environmental Parameters
Humidity Range Operating

0 - 85%

Max Operating Temperature
40 °C

Min Operating Temperature
5 °C

Header
Compatibility

PC

Manufacturer

Optoma Technology

Model
EX530

Packaged Quantity

Product Line

Optoma

Input Device
Connectivity Technology

Wireless

Form Factor

External

Type

Remote control

Miscellaneous
Compliant Standards

RoHS
WEEE

Included Projector Accessories
Lens cover

Security Features (EC)
Password protection

Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately)

Power Device
Form Factor

Internal

Frequency Required
50/60 Hz

Nominal Voltage
AC 120/230 V

Power Consumption Operational
230 Watt

Type
Power supply

Projector Lamp
Bulb Capacity

180 Watt

Bulb life cycle

3000 hour(s)

Projector Lens System
Keystone Correction Direction

Vertical
Lens Aperture
F/2.52-2.73

Vertical Keystone Correction

-30 / +30

Zoom Factor

1.1x

Zoom Type

Manual

Video Input
Analogue Video Format

M-NTSC
NTSC 3.58
NTSC 4.43
PAL-B/G
PAL-D
PAL-H
PAL-I
PAL-M
PAL-N
SECAM
SECAM B/G
SECAM D/K
SECAM K1
SECAM L

Analogue video Signal
Composite video
RGB
S-Video

Video Modes
1080i
480i
480p
576i
576p
720p

Wife NOT happy :wink:
There maybe some marital dis-harmony in the Gus Household!
By GUS
Dadja wrote:I bought one a year ago, trust me, it worth every penny...
Thanks Dadja it does really fly in the face of our low energy household, & depending upon throw distance within the room it may put our room plan out... however, I reckon once the wife gets to play with it she'll be less than happy to let it depart again ..luckily shes very technology driven!

..darent mention a big Av amplifier!
By S.A.M
Welcome to the club (although I do remember reading you've had one before). Seems like a great projector and at that price a total steal :wink: I've been having so much fun with mine with movies and games projected on a 80 inch screen :D :D I won't be giving mine up after Halloween.

Gus do you have the Hallowindow DVD or are you waiting for the new one?
By GUS
I'm waiting for the new one, if you need a heas up on it's release I'll happily pm you!
By S.A.M
Cheers Gus that would be great, thanks :) I did sign up to the Hallowindow mailing list but you can never be too sure, I've read that they sell out pretty quick.

The projector pretty much cleaned out my Halloween budget for this year too or at least that's what I told myself when I bought it :lol: No seriously, I must resist buying anything else haha This is before the stores have Halloween stock!
By GUS
Ha-ha, just spoke to the nice chap who i won the projector from, he had loads of calls offering extra money, "as they'd just missed the auction" ..tightwads with low bids!

..he's never used this (no hours on the lamp) & just moved so theres no-where to project to in his new house...
so whilst he's dissapointed with the price he said he'd hold it till I could pick up & besides... he'd also recently won the new panasonic 72" (I presume lcd) tv screen for £1000 ...CHEAP!!!

..he was somewhat confused when I said I wanted it to entertain trick or treaters...
By mesmark
Projectors are awesome! I've had mine and my home theater set up for 4 years now. I couldn't go back.

I project on to my wall which is 2m wide.

and the chairs

My house was just finished a year ago. The projector works so well, I was pretty disappointed when I went to the actual theater this last time ...

Anyway, I'm going to pop my projector out for my Halloween party and use the Hallowindow shots as well.

Ryan ought to set up some sort of affiliate program with that guy :P
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Mark, nice setup! Well.... you guys are a bad influence, because I'm almost entirely convinced that I want to buy a projector this season.

1) I've always wanted to set up a home theater (as in, like a movie theater).

2) I have access to an auditorium where we've had successful movie screening parties (before my friend moved and took his projector).

3) I own Hallowindow II and I'm excited for Hallowindow III (and would love to display it as intended)

4) I could have an excuse to make more ZP videos or animations for projecting.

Oh, the possibilities...
By GUS
I utterly agree with Mesmark Ryan, Zp & others in the fold are evidently totally immersed in the holiday, drive others to the site (I know I probably scare folks into coming here) :lol:

..So it seems logical that Mark Gervais's site ought to have a banner or dvd concession in the store (even if you didn't stock it yourself maybe...
We concentrate on pumpkins as the main part of our display (which is what people recognise as halloween decorating) ..& anything else is a bonus, I'm sure you wouldn't lose traffic, the two seem to go hand in hand as halloween accomplices to me!
I'm driven to do less decoration prep work this year & concentrate on big visuals versus cheap frippery & lot's more storeage, that way I can spread my time over more quality in pumpkineering..