Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Ok guys, I need tips and suggestions and ideas. My office has a decorating/theme contest for each of our departments at Halloween and I wanna do a dead pirate theme. So give me some idea's on how to decorate with a limited budget and lazy co-workers. :lol: If we win, we get a free day off and I REALLY want my free day. :twisted:

Thanks!!! :D
By GUS
Themed office cookies / muffins always sway votes!

(you know how offices go to hell at lunchtime) :D
By Dadja
I did a pirate themed bbq a couple of years back

These were some of the things I had

A noose with a "Pirates, ye be warned" sign

I think I still have this map in JPEG, if you could get it printed, I can send it to you... it's huge though :)

Chest with a lot of things that look expensive, but obviously aren't

Hope it helps...
By amandap80
Pirate pumpkins (michaels or funkin)
lots of jolly roger flags (these could be pretty cheap, maybe print a jolly roger emblem from a clipart, and decorate with lots of those)
cheap eye patches on everyday items (bring in toys etc, give em eye patches)
A cheap walmart skeleton with a bandana and an eye patch

Cheapo skulls with black felt eye patches glued directly to the skull

Use those cheap red bandanas at wally world for table/desk covers too, and a $2 sack of spanish moss, very festive.
By Tkaraoke
I think it would be funny to have a trunk like that but filded with fake plastic butts! lol
By Sind3315
Thanks Dadja! Looks awesome!!! You gave me a great idea to make my own map, thank you!

Thanks amandap80, I always forget about Oriental Trading! I'll check them out...

* Tkaraoke filled w/plastic butts. Hmmmmm, my office is full of a**holes, that could work. :lol:
By GUS
do they still do those black eye telescopes?
By nosferatu
...only in Scooby Doo re-runs
By GUS
I used to love those, & the fake arm cast...

well for theme related prank points why not incorporate that into a toy telescope? was it graphite or similar thats used (or smokey material to adhere)
..it's cheap,
By nosferatu
Use black fabric as flags hung from poles and paint with patterns or pirate motifs. Covers a lot of space quickly and cheaply and depending on how you stagger them could look very imposing as backdrops. If you use uv paint they will glow in the dark so initially you could have the office lights off for a spooky start.

This summer I saw a miniatur galleon in a raft race. No taller than five feet it has a polystyrene base with a plywood surround cut with a jigsawto look like a galleon - you could use cardboard. Then they has ingeniously cut black bin liners for the ripped sails that were glued on to small poles and their struts. They had used a waste paper basket painted black as the crows nest or you could do something like this.

http://tinyurl.com/3e4g6u Looks good with minimal effort and cost.
By Tkaraoke
You know how Pirates love their booty! :twisted:
By SaneInsideInsanity
This is going to sound odd but if you have a fish store near you they probably get everything shipping in in Styrofoam boxes a little paint a wire you got yourself a treasure chest....They normally just give them away i know we do at least just bleach the first or it may stink after a few days.