Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Just watch which stuff you buy, they got warned by trading standards last year about masks that contained high levels of chemicals unsafe for young children.
There was a story in our local paper last week about trading standards visiting them again this year as they had the exact same masks on sale again with the same high levels of chemicals.

If you google "poundland trading standards halloween", you will see a lot of hits from different trading standards across the country (for this year and last).

KIDS HALLOWEEN PIRATE MASK
Item No: 57364
Barcode: 5025066573645

KIDS HALLOWEEN MASK + HOOD
Item No: 56348
Barcode: 5025066563486

WITCHES HAT + PLAYSET
Item No: 43917
Barcode: 502506643917
By SaneInsideInsanity
Thanks for the Warning gus companies like that disturb me greatly.
By nosferatu
I bought some glow sticks from Poundstretcher recently and used them on Saturday. They weren't overly bright and a bit disappointing. I initially threw them in the bin as the glow was so poor.

However, in pitch black they weren't too bad at all. The strange thing is I think Poundstretcher or their Chinese supplier have used nuclear material for the glow effect as they are still shining at night 5 days later. Very odd. They don't have a best before date on them instead it has a half life date......of 1000 years.
By GUS
i BUY THE forces ones whenever I can get them cheaply off ebay, have been using them on the mountains for years (especially europe where we tend to snowboard in the dark back from a mountain bar..
the thinner they are the worse they are, but if they're a freebie to your T&T'ers then so what!