Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By GUS
it's probably just poor convection in your oven more than anything else!
By mesmark
CombichristGirl wrote:wow that is fantastic!!!!!
Thanks!

CombichristGirl wrote:might i ask what cookie recipe u used? and how u got the fingers to look so nice and not fat or burnt?
You're like the people who comment on the costumes :P :P :lol:

I think the recipe is just something from Martha Stewart, but the trick is that my wife chills all of the cookies before she bakes them. That evidently helps them keep the shape.
By mesmark
GUS wrote:Mark, don't trash all your hard work or you'll kick yourself further down the line.

How about making additions to the set, ie, castle cellar lab / castle tower lab (ie a few removable scene setter silhouette windows,...not cut in), so they could be made to hang/ stand & enhance what's already there? ...
GUS - good ideas. I like the idea of adding window type hangings to the walls, sort of glued on but visually dynamic.

I was actually thinking of recycling the main dungeon wall for this year's theme (yet to be released :) ) That would mean basically destroying it but you've convinced me to rethink that.

Storage isn't a problem, but a few more years like last and it will be ...

did you ever make it to Japan for the ski trip? or is that for next year?
By GUS
Not made it yet to japan, the economy free-fall is really putting us in a state of dis-array. ..we'll have to see.
By CombichristGirl
lol but i commented on everything and i as a fellow dremel user/foam cutter/ router/ caver person love and and am fascinated with the walls and the coffins and the amount of detail. it's not u just normal people don't realize those thing because they either don't do it themselves or they just get used to being blinded to details something along those lines. thank u for the tips :). and gus ur probably right :)
By GUS
Mark, just in case you ever wish to do another take on those flickering flames...
(whilst I've got the link, this is quick & cheap, but looks very good)

http://hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=15113
wicker basket small "staples" type desk fan, a few support rods, led fairy lights..
& robert is your uncle

the glowing brazier effect is soo well observed.
By GUS
Glad you like it Mesmark, it's the sort of well bodgineered item I like, can be broken down & put to use for the rest of the year!
wicker basket cheap & useable.
small fan always handy..
led fairy lights ..available for a few bucks everywhere &other times of year use..

cable ties? in most blokes diy arsenal.

Good item, less halloween exclusive clutter.