Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By GUS
based on Ryans proshetic brow, we decided to go a bit further than the horns I had applied last halloween.
I bought a woochie dvd (ok so it's on you-tube as well in small chunks but doesnt have such an effect) ..and besides the dvd was only a couple of pounds delivered.
my minion loved it (asked if she could be made up for school sometime) ...hmm

Anyhow for uk people these were the cheapest I found for buying on-line for anyone interested in getting done up (like a car crash etc)

http://www.measureformeasure.co.uk/Spec ... etics-3514

we won a whole load via ebay that we'll have to test out over coming months.. but will be getting more I'm sure!
By nosferatu
Hey Gus. Nice find. The prices aren't too bad (for the UK). Having seen Ryan's amazing zombie costume last year I was keen to experiment but the cost has been putting me off in case it turned out that I was useless at the application but I think I'll give these a go.
By GUS
Actually very easy to apply Nos, we experimented last year & are game to spend a bit of time practising before the big night!
look on you tube the dvd is there in segments (mostly)
Also unless you find a good unnatended auction, the web prices (on-line reduction) from that place is excellent value compared to ebay.
Go for it & surprise yourself!
the darker clotted glue seems most useful for accentuating wounds et al.
we've got some turning up soon, shame I can't post pics on here!
By GUS
..just bidding on some more actually, they arrived this morning, excellent, just need a bit more kit to play around with, really chuffed.
will report back when "sampled"
By CombichristGirl
aww how come u can't post pics? if u want i will upload em for u :)
By GUS
know what I only thought of emailing em to someone on here to post for me (in other words a lot of backdated pumps)

..just cannot get to grips (within 15 mins of a photobucket account)
this is the only site I have probs loading on, what's the deal?
By monstermash
I know this is an old thread but i did a quick application tonight and thought id share the results:

I will put more effort in on the night to make it look more gory/realistic. It is a woochie prosthetic "broken bone" if im not mistaken. Got it from measure for measure - thanks for the link Gus.
By nosferatu
That looks fab! Bit more blood and it will look absolutely goresome!

You must be really happy with that effect
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ouch! Looks good and gory.

Just put a band-aid on that, I'm sure you'll be fine.