Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By GUS
Twitter update...
UPDATE! Orders for Hallowindow III will be delayed. Now shipping on OCT 1. Sincere apologies.
By sloaner
I just orderd the DVD's. Now I have to look for a projector.
By GUS
sloaner wrote:I saw this last year on another site and I plan on buying it this year. My place of work makes digital projectors but they are the ones that play those 3-d movies so I wont be using one of those. I think I'll have to buy one from best buy or something. I'm hoping he makes a new dvd this year.
Sloaner, you must have trade contacts?? ..get some discount on another projector? ..surely your place has enough connections to pester? ..go see the sales girls! :wink:
By GUS
matspud wrote:My uncle uses these projectors...... Wonder when he is going to replace his current one :D :D
Matspud are you doing this having flirted with "Unc"??
By GUS
...S.A.M. , Ryan, Sloaner, Thunderclap. ....

HAVE YOU FOUND THE EASTER EGGS on Hallowindow 3 yet?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Just watched my Hallowindow III disc today. Some pretty stunning displays! The illustration and animation of Mark Gervais just keeps getting better. You can see the evolution from the more simple animations of Hallowindow I.

If I had a criticism, it would be that the animated "scenes" are so involved, there is only time for a few. I seem to remember the previous discs having quicker cuts, with more variety to the imagery. However, this edition seems to have fewer (because they are longer) scenes.

But as I said, the scenes that are here are very well done. That witch is particularly great.

Personally, I prefer the animations that look like they could be happening inside your home. The neon sign... shadow of a shuffling zombie... things like that. On the other hand, a wolfman in front of a giant moon isn't realistically going to be inside your house. Well, the wolf maybe, not the moon though.

I think I may use the individual animations, the flame ghosts or the zombie march. I like that different color variations are available (as easter eggs, yep, I do believe I've spotted them all).
By GUS
Well done Ryan, please pop any Easter Egg info up, (i've not received mine yet but am hopeful & scouring for EE's regardless)

Are you going to conglomerate your favourites from each onto 1 disc via DVDfab or similar? ...I imagine that'll be my dilemma, or I may just mix em up & let it run..

(depends on kids & alcohol consumed)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The easter eggs are found on the area of the DVD menu where you choose to play just selected scenes. You can find a variant of most of the scenes by highlighting one of the menu items on the list, then pressing right or left with your remote to highlight a hidden pair of eyes on the side.

No plans to make a conglomerate of my favorite scenes, the DVD itself offers plenty of variations. Besides the main sequence which is around 4 minutes long, the individual scenes (there are 4, each around 2 minutes) can be set to loop through all of them. A nice feature.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
By S.A.M
Nice review of the DVD Ryan :D
I've still not received mine yet, going by the first DVD I ordered it should have been here Wed/Thurs, obviously I'll give it a little longer but I do have a feeling Royal Mail are living up to their reputation of losing/thieving things :x

Getting dangerously close to Halloween to be waiting on a DVD from Canada to arrive, yikes, good job I've got Hallowindow II DVD or I would be stuck with nothing to project :lol:
By GUS
S.A.M. ..check the royal mail thread update.

My postie just delivered something from back in the midst of september!
By S.A.M
GUS wrote:S.A.M. ..check the royal mail thread update.

My postie just delivered something from back in the midst of september!
I've just checked it out GUS, if I'm lucky I may get it before the New Year :lol: It's not funny really, it looks likely that my DVD is stuck in a backlog of unsorted mail. Who knows though, it may be here on Monday right? Yeah right lol
By GUS
just received mine (1,2 & 3) this morning..did a quick watch through, you really cannot appreciate these properly simply watching the site animation, popped it onto a tv & was blown away, looking forward to testing it out very soon, just need to burn em all onto 1 disc on a continuous loop maybe.

(10 days from posting) ..phew am I relieved, would not have liked to have left it any later :shock:
By S.A.M
YAY I got Hallowindow III today :D :D
The start of it is great with the neon sign and then the witch.

I'm with Ryan about the moon and the werewolf, I think it would have been much better to just have the silhouette of the werewolf as if he was in the room, the moon spoils it.

One thing that stuck out for me was the looping on the main animation, it isn't as seamless and fluid as the previous Hallowindows, there is about 9 secs of black nothingness, it's just a bit jarring that's all.

The Zombie March, Ghost Flames and The Sign make for great extras. Overall Hallowindow III is good, it's a nice addition to the first two but I personally prefer Hallowindow I & II.