Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By kayanat
Does anyone have any HALLOWEEN decorating ideas for outdoors?
I already know how I am decorating the inside of my home but as for the outside I don't know....the front yard is very small and I wanted to make the decor. but it has to be easy because my 3 yr old and 5 yr old will be helping make them. Any ideas?
Last edited by kayanat on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Raven
You can always make a cheap and easy graveyard using poster board for the tombstones. Just cut out in the shape of a tombstone and paint or color with marker. Glue them to wooden stakes that they sell in craft stores. Although you might not want to keep them out a long time if it rains a lot in your area. Let the kids put the fake spider webs around the bushes and trees. The kids could draw pumpkin faces on paper bags that you can cut out and put fake candles in for some lanterns lining the walk or driveway. Once Halloween merchandise hits the stores check the craft stores. They usually have a lot of kids crafts that they would have fun doing.
By The Captain
Ravens you’re so crafty! All great and easy ideas. I love the craft stores prior to Halloween, also Wal-Mart has inexpensive Halloween outdoor decor. You could probably find a ten dollar skeleton, $5 dollar giant spiders, 1or2$ bags of webs and then mark them your own by upgrading with personal touches. Also if you have Walgreens drug stores they have a great and inexpensive Halloween isle.
By gregh3196
I always seem to find a couple of "must haves" at Walgreens every year and they always seem to be made pretty good.