Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Raven
So how long do you all keep your Halloween decorations up? It seems there are so many here that do a phenomenal job decorating. So much work for the big day. Do you leave them up after Halloween for awhile? Or do they come down the next day? I usually leave up everything that has a fall look to it and take down anything scary or gory. Most years I don't even make it to Thanksgiving before I'm decorating for Christmas. I know, I'm guilty of rushing Christmas, but I just love to decorate.
By nosferatu
I've got the two pumpkins I did today and that's it I'm afraid although to be fair there wasn't an awful lot to take down in the first place. :(
By gregh3196
We put out a pretty big set so it takes a while. We put out some the day before but the big stuff we put out the day of. So in total about 6 - 8 hours, most of that is spent screwing around more than actually putting it up though. Ours comes down usually the on the 2nd just because we are so beat the day after :)
By Sind3315
I keep my Halloween stuff up until the weekend after Halloween so that would be this weekend and keep all the "fall" stuff up. But like yourself, I will be decorating early this year for Christmas. Halloween and Christmas are my two FAV holidays so I have a ton of decorations for both.

I usually put my Christmas stuff up the weekend after Turkey day but I always feel rushed so I'm starting early this year and just leaving the tree until after Turkey day... :D
By The Captain
My whole yard display was in the garage in 45 minutes once we decided to shut off the lights at 10:30.

I do Christmas decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving :D Its a family tradition.
By The Vlad Hatter
In my experience, most people who put out really big elaborate displays setup the day off and bring down the next day. Not only does it create an event type atmosphere, but it also leaves you valuables out the least amount of time so they don't get knicked or weather beaten.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
It takes a little while, but piece by piece, I usually get my decorations put away within a week from Halloween. I just today finished putting the last Funkin in its box and back in storage.

Naturally, there are still plenty of pumpkin reminders in my office. This is Zombie Pumpkins headquarters, so the shelves are perennially lined with things like bottles Zombie Virus and Pumpkin Ale, a Best Costume award, a Mad Hatter tea pot, a mad scientist beaker, a Patch Master hat, etc.

I try to make areas like the living room suitable for entertaining the "weird" people that don't appreciate looking at zombies year round. And it is nice to have a break from that stuff myself, to be honest.

But I'm sure it won't surprise you to know that certain things stay out all year long. My Dracula candle stick. The skull snow globe. The autographed Shaun of the Dead poster. The voodoo doll knife block. :twisted: