Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By bman
Has anyone had any luck preventing smashers from stealing your pumpkins? If preventing theft is impossible, has anyone come up with any non-injurious ways to make said stolen pumpkin an unpleasant experience for said thieves? I have seen on the web suggestions about vaseline (which I may try next year) and thought something sticky like honey might effect a little revenge.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
By GUS
attatch them to those rape alarms that chuck out an ear piercing reverberation, that way if one is lifted you get the heads up!
By sloaner
Try hooking it up to a car battery, oh you wanted non-injurious ways. Never mind then.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I've never had any problems with pumpkin theft. Then again, I've never really left pumpkins outside unattended.
By gregh3196
I had a few of mine smashed a few years ago so now i display them in the front window until the big night. I decided to put one out this year and it was stolen :(
By stormqueen29
You know it's strange. Sheds and houses get broken into regularly here, but no one has ever touched any of our pumpkins, not even to smash them.

Perhaps the teens just think it's cool we go through so much trouble for something so short lived, I don't know.

We leave them out on the deck and driveway for a couple of nights then we bust them all up to go in the trash. I hope this coming year to have a big compost bin to put all my pumpkins in after the day.

gale
By Tkaraoke
OogieBoogie wrote:All mine got smashed. :( Even the foam ones!
Now that's just totally sucks above and beyond anything I could think of. What kind of jerkmeat do you have to be to do something like that. People really do suck.
By Tkaraoke
zombiepumpkins wrote:I've never had any problems with pumpkin theft. Then again, I've never really left pumpkins outside unattended.
This is true. I make sure to use the bathroom and round all everything I need for a camp out in the front yard. I thought I was going to have some help this year but at the last minute they bailed on me so I was there alone. I didn't dare go into the house in fear of missing t-o-ters more so than someone smashing my display. If I did have to go in the house and I came out and someone was in the process of smashing my pumpkins, I would have made the newspaper...I can guarantee it!