Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Jessi
I will probably do this next year, because we are doing the whole Arachnaphobia theme this year...but I think it's pretty sweet and I'd like to share!

I love the show CSI and I think it would be really cool to make your house and yard look as if it is a crime scene! You could get people to lie down in the street/driveway/walkway/porch and trace their outlines with chalk. You could make those cool cards with numbers on them and place them next to fake blood splatters or random shoes or fake weapons. You could dress up in a "Forensics" jackets and carry a "kit" or camera and of course you would need the yellow tape! A "body" laying in the yard with a sheet over it would be pretty sweet, too! The possibilities are endless! Gee, I wish I would have thought of this a month ago!
By sodajazz
thought of doing that myself.... whole police thing..... might freak too many people out :twisted:
By Cheef
grisly, yet at th same time a AWESOME IDEA. i might have to try that one day.
By GUS
Kids GIANT thick chalk is excellent for the body outline,
A cheap can of hairspray keeps the chalk in place very well for a few days - weeks.

Last year despite everything the chalk outline was probably everyones favourite round my street, & the cheapest thing to do.

We had so many kids writhing in the outline & next day even the rubbish collection men got out of their lory cab to have a quick go!

surprisingly effective, this year I might silicone a severed foot close to the outline & see what the comments are.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Chalk outlines sound like fun. I have the urge to draw them all over the sidewalks in my neighborhood. Big bodies, small bodies, bodies with severed limbs, animals. Maybe other spooky drawings and messages too. Give the trick-or-treaters something interesting to look at as they wander the streets.
By GUS
..I'd go for that myself but I have a cow of a neighbour who'd call the police on me if I ever did that a foot over our own property!

..she won't even let her grandchildren come over to trick or treat (though they always turn up on halloween to have a good look)
I have to throw them handfuls of sweets for them to pick up when the cow isn't with them (shame, real shame)

last year she even threw all 12 of my expensive led marker lights all over the drive (even though they were on our property anyhow)
insisting its a maintenance strip.

I'm afraid I got up close to her face and told her rudely to sort out her shrivelled & barren ovaries.

(no I'm not angry! ..it go's way past that)
By Dadja
GUS wrote:..I'd go for that myself but I have a cow of a neighbour who'd call the police on me if I ever did that a foot over our own property!

..she won't even let her grandchildren come over to trick or treat (though they always turn up on halloween to have a good look)
I have to throw them handfuls of sweets for them to pick up when the cow isn't with them (shame, real shame)

last year she even threw all 12 of my expensive led marker lights all over the drive (even though they were on our property anyhow)
insisting its a maintenance strip.

I'm afraid I got up close to her face and told her rudely to sort out her shrivelled & barren ovaries.

(no I'm not angry! ..it go's way past that)
If there ever was a house in need of an egg-ing... But I didn't say nothing :lol:
By Tkaraoke
Dadja wrote:If there ever was a house in need of an egg-ing... But I didn't say nothing :lol:
Sounds like you Brits need to learn the old fashion American tradition known as TP-ing! ROFL!
:)
By GUS
Que??

Definitely needs explaining please.
By Tkaraoke
GUS wrote:Que??
It would take a rocket scientist to explain fully so I have found a link to a video that will answer all of your questions and some you never even thought about asking! Enjoy!

By GUS
Ahh the TP acronym, All becomes clear ..good work fella!

cheers all & goodnight its gone midnight & after the othe nights carving till 2.30am session I think I'd best nip off.

Night all