Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
My mom is at it again. In just the first week of September, she's already started decorating. Igor got some upgrades (new hands) and his girlfriend Broomhilda is standing beside him.

Like a project from Dr. Frankenstein's lab, these figures are made of plenty of found parts. Costume masks, wigs, hats, rubber hands, hangers, etc. And did I mention this lifesize couple is standing in the middle of my mother's living room (and will remain there until November)?

By jen d.
The Halloween spirit is highly contagious! I love the details she's added with the bottle of witch brew and creepy crawlies. =)
By GUS
We need an interview with mom!
she's obviously passed the halloween contagion onto her offspring.
By nosferatu
She's even given Igor's hands a manicure. Got rid of that pesky, congealed blood from under the nails.

Those hands look suspiciously life-like. Does mom work in a mortuary perhaps? Obviously likes to bring work home with her.....
By jen d.
Oh hey, not to mention that vintage Zombie Pumpkins merch (is it a button, is it a sticker?) as Broomhilda's brooch!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I think the genetic contagion worked in reverse. It wasn't until the growth of Zombie Pumpkins that my mom got this fanatical about Halloween. She spent last weekend stringing orange lights on a gnarled metal tree frame on her back deck. :lol:

Igor's hands are indeed lifelike. But prop severed hands only come in rights. Notice his left hand is an upside-down right. All the more creepy, that way. Like Frankenstein's monster, made of spare parts, matching or not.

Good eye, Jen. Broomie's broach is a "Curse of the ZP" vinyl sticker from 2005.