Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Sind3315
Just thought this was cute and wanted to share. :D I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with my fiance and I love to decorate. No you don't understand, I mean I REALLY love to decorate. To the point that I decorate and pretty much go out for all major holidays.

I have a pretty large balcony 6'x18' and it's always decorated, I consider it an extention of my home. Well I finished decorating it for Halloween the first week of October. I have new neighboors below me that have a few younger kids. One afternoon I was sitting on my couch watching TV, had the balcony door open and heard a kid scream at the top of his lungs and then I heard "It's ok, it's not real" "You can buy them at Walmart" I'm assuming they were referring to Gerald, my balcony ghoul that I hung up in the center dangling over my railing.

I got a good laugh out of it, but the next few weeks I've gradually seen my new neighboors adding Halloween decorations to their patio and it's really cute! I might have inspired them! I have already inspired the building behind mine, before I moved in only one person really decorated their balcony for Christmas, now there's like 6 families that do it, of course not to the extent that I do, but they are trying!

Just wanted to share with everyone... Even though I don't own a house, yet, I make the use out of every inch of my apartment when it comes to decorating. :D Imagine the screams I'll get when I can do my very own yard haunt! Oh the possibilites! :twisted:
By nosferatu
In every apartment block, every building, in every street around the world there is always someone who your parents tell you to avoid. Just so happens that in this particular instance, that person happens to be you.

And now look what you have gone and done. You have infected everyone...................... nice work!

If you do this for Christmas as well, where do you store it all?

Skeletons in the cupboards? Ghouls under the bed? Corpses in the bath?
By GUS
Gettin' down with the sickness, congratulations seems you may have made an impression upon others within the vicinity not to be so locked away behind doors, a great step towards actually getting to know ones neighbours!
By Sind3315
Ooo, I AM that person aren't I?!! Exciting!!!!!!!! Makes it all worth it!

Well, I kinda get treated a little different considering my mother is the manager of the complex I live in and I have two storage rooms in our laundry facilities that I store all my decorations in. But shhhh, don't tell my neighboors. They don't have any storage units... :D

I'm up to 4 large plastic totes for Halloween about 6-8 for Christmas. and that doesn't include all the stuff that doesn't fit in one of those totes.

But it's too much fun not to buy new stuff every year!
By nosferatu
You type as fast as you carve....True about trying to resist temptation.

"Do I really need another fake skull? I've got seventeen already. Of course I do..."

I bet you there's a few real bodies cemented into the floor of those storage units. Anything you want to confess? Strictly between me, you and the other 691 registered members.
By jen d.
The Halloween Spirit is infectious. I have people come to my parties that have said before, "Why would you dress up for Halloween as an adult? It's so stupid."

That same person built from scratch, assembled, painted, (and even used face makeup to paint his face to match), a pretty deadly Transformers costume last year.

If you inject the spirit into the things you do/decorate, I can guarantee you, those sticklers will start to appreciate and even enjoy it. ;)
By SaneInsideInsanity
But that's the point isn;t what fun is it to be grown up if you can;t put up akll the ghouly gastly decorations that you weren;t allowed to buy with your allowence as a child....oops personal trauma slipping out there.

No one on my street decorates for halloween, it's sad and i started weeks ago all the nieghboor kids are so excited apparently my house is going around the schools and it's not near finshed yet.

this will be my second halloween in the house and last year the neighbors told me no more than 50 kids go around so i got ready for 100 and ended up having to go out mid night to buy more candy. I;m ready for about 150 this year plus a couple boxes extra incase, and i'm not sure if i'll have enough. :lol:

it';s infectious but already since last year a few neighboors have started putting window stickys up and cobwebs it's a start right? If we all do it in the forms slowly we can infest the world....MOHAHAHHAHHAHhHHha

sorry got a little diabolicly there
are you thinking what im thinking pinky.....
By CombichristGirl
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:But that's the point isn;t what fun is it to be grown up if you can;t put up akll the ghouly gastly decorations that you weren;t allowed to buy with your allowence as a child....oops personal trauma slipping out there. No on on my street decorates for halloween, it's sad and i started weeks ago all the nieghboor kids are so excited apparently my house is going around the schools and it's not near finshed yet. this will be my second halloween in the house and last year the neighbors told me no more than 50 kids go around so i got ready for 100 and ended up having to go out mid night to buy more candy. I;m ready for about 150 this year plus a couple boxes extra incase, and i'm not sure if i'll have enough.
lol
it';s infectious but already since last year a few neighboors have started putting window stickys up and cobwebs it's a start right? If we all do it in the forms slowly we can infest the world....MOHAHAHHAHHAHhHHha
sorry got a little diabolicly there
are you thinking what imthinking pinky.....
thats just what im trying to do. i live in like circle and me and like 3 other houses decorate and they dont go out like i do and i have nothing reALLY. the back side of the circle might throw up a strand o lights not much and hardly anyone seems to come by but last year people were talking about and taking pictures of my pumpkins so i hop esince i went out on decs. plus doing a bunch of pumpkins i hope people will talk about it and get more people to come. we have a lot of kids this way but were in a circle sorta tucked away not much but enough ya knowl. this is my holiday i dont care about any holiday as much as this and no one around these parts goes out :?
By SaneInsideInsanity
haha maybe we live in the same area. I'm not tucked away but I'm in a bad area of town so most kids don;t go out long, I think like 10 people on my street of 40 house gave out candy last year, I;m just glad i'm starting to hook them in....though one of my nieghboors just looks at me funny now...

It is our holiday We shall make it winderfully gorey
By The Captain
Sind3315 wrote:Ooo, I AM that person aren't I?!!
My goal is to be considered "That House".

Kid 1 "You know "that house" on Orange street with all the zombies in the yard"

Kid 2 "Yeah "That Guys" crazy, he makes all that stuff himself"

Kid 1 "When we go to "that house" my sister is scared to go up to the door"

Kid 2 "Yeah "That House" is cool"

Wear your badge with honor Sind3315 :D
By nosferatu
I don't think you've got to worry on that score Buhdewsy. You have that well and truly sorted.

Sind can wear her badge with pride but you are the one holding that particular trophy aloft.

The stuff you are creating is jaw droppingly out there. Truly goreful. I can envisage parents setting up a 500 metre exclusion zone round your house!
By mudd
when i used to live in a house, people would come and just look at the pumpkins . kids used to give me candy just because i was "that cool pumpkin house". i still remember this one little girl who would come by every year and give me a piece of candy and a hug to go with it.
By The Captain
mudd wrote:when i used to live in a house, people would come and just look at the pumpkins . kids used to give me candy just because i was "that cool pumpkin house". i still remember this one little girl who would come by every year and give me a piece of candy and a hug to go with it.
Thats awesome! Stuff like that is why I decorate :D
By Sind3315
buhdewsy definitely has the huge trophy on that one! But hey, I'm excited, I get another badge!!!!

Right now I'm "that apartment". My mom is the leasing manager and she'll get calls from people who live behind me asking why I haven't changed over my balcony yet, what's wrong is she sick?, when will she be decorating for Christmas? etc... It's cute...

One day, I want to be "that house" too. One day.... *dreamingly stares off into the distance*