Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Cheef
I just finished putting the finishing touches on these tombstones, which are the major addition to the yard for this year. A few hours work and some minor skill with polystyrene insulation board, a a hacksaw, and a dremel tool are really all it takes. The tall cross stands roughly 5 1/2 feet tall. this was my first time tackling a project like these, so needless to say i am very proud of them and the way they turned out. much more gratifying, and cheaper than paying for these type of props at the local seasonal halloween store.
By Nikki
Wow. Thosra re awesome for homemade! How did you make them?
By Dragon
Wow! I love the details on this...

Unfortunately, my tombstones were made from plywood, painted grey, and text were written on with a magic marker.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Excellent work Cheef! I've always wanted to make some tombstones, very much like that. Where'd you pick up the polystyrene insulation board?
By Cheef
you can pick up the blue polystyrene insulation foam at any Home Depot or Lowes building supply store.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah, thanks for the info. I figured that might be the case. Dare I consider making a grave or two before Halloween? Yea, just what I need, another project during my busiest week of the year. :roll: Heh. Next year, for sure. Those come out great.
By Cheef
i actually started these last wekend, and finished them this weekend. overall probly 3 - 4 hours total time.

overall though, i usually dont put anything out til the the day of halloween day. but as my collection of goodies gets bigger, probably next year, i will put them out on display for a week.
By sodajazz
taber mentioned OCTOBERWEEN (which i think is fantastic... i am easily amused) in another thread :D

if chrismas can start in september through december then halloween could begin the first of octoberween :D

31 glorious days of halloween 8)
but trick or treating would only be allowed on the 31 :D
By mesmark
I start decorating Oct. 1st. I decorate my classroom and put stuff in the windows.

I also try to have one Jack o' Zombie :wink: out every week. I had my first picture taker yesterday!

Now, you guys got me thinking I'm a freak.

I used to work in a Walgreen's in the States and am just used to months of decorations I guess.
By sodajazz
theres nothing freakish about celebrating halloween.... 1st of october... odd.... eager maybe...... shows the halloween spirit :)