Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Update: (w/ vid)
I added Sally and Zero to our yard this year. I am also going to run Hallowindow.

I have a clip of NMBC("This is Halloween") that plays in between the hallowindow clips but it is very dark so I am going to have to figure something out. I'll try and get a clip up once i tweak it and run sound.

Again there will be carved pumpkins added to the yard as we approach All Hallows Eve. My wife and I have our fifth consecutive "Champion of the Universe of Pumpkin Carving Contest" coming up this month. We have used the patterns at Zombies Pumpkins during every contest and this year we have ZP Pro carving kits. :) Thanks for taking a look

Here is a clip of our setup. The video quality isnt the greatest and a train came by as i was recording. Either way it gives an idea about the setup.

:arrow:

Last edited by The451Kid on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By CombichristGirl
those are sweet. god anything nmbc is awesome good work and painting :)
By GUS
Seriously good work!
NmBC cannot be beaten! love the extra effort doing the lighting so well.

congratulations on a job well done.
By Tkaraoke
Wow! The extra lighting effect on Jack adds a whole scary dimension to him...and the large shadow behind him is creepy...just the way The Pumpkin King likes it! LOL
By Cheef
yea, thats a great job on that... im a little jealous.. :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I really dig your Nightmare cutouts. What tool did you use to cut out the wood?
By Sind3315
Wow! Awesome job!!! Thanks for sharing! :D
By The451Kid
Thanks for all the positive comments.

Believe it or not it was fairly easy to make. I drew an outline of jack's head and body onto a board and cut it out using a jig saw. Then i used various scrap pieces for the arms, bottom half of the legs, hands and the bow-tie. I reinforced him with some small metal braces around his "joints". Then I painted him up and sprayed him with clear coat. It has held up great even in the recent storms we have had.

I also made the trick or treat sign, using a jig saw to make the jagged edges. (I was originally going to make it a Halloween Town sign but my fiance preferred trick or treat)

Its funny because the lighting was only meant to illuminate jack at night, but its positioning allowed for a pretty cool and creepy shadow.
Last edited by The451Kid on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sloaner
Looks great, even if all you saw was the shadow on your house you would know right away that's jack.
By The451Kid
I added some things to our yard this year that i wanted to share. (first post)

My wife and I bought ZP Pro carving kits and hope to get some pumpkins up soon.
By paddy_babe
I cant wait to see them! :D
By punchi
Love it!
By The451Kid
I added a link to a clip of our setup (first post)