Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By gmuffb
Meet Pierre(I have no idea where the name came from, he spoke to me I guess). He's still drying. I just finished him, he might not be done, I don't like his hands and feet. I'm not sure yet. The pink intestines grew on me as I was painting them. I ran out of red so I figured I'd paint a primer on them. But I kinda like it. I'm not sure if that's because it's better than the "great stuff" yellow or if it really does look good. Any opinions would be nice:) Thank you.
By nosferatu
I am absolutely gobsmacked! It is a good job I am typing as I am totally speechless. I initially read it as "he is still dying". When you said Pierre spoke to you....do you hear any other voices at all? Your intestines look great. I'm hoping that you made them rather than you have infact disembowled yourself? What on earth is he made of? Truly fabulous in the most grotesque way imaginable!
By Innuendo
Really a superior job...
It looks fantastic...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ooh yes, he is disgusting, in a very good way. I'm also interested to hear more about what he's made of. Particularly those intestines (I'm trying to recreate intestines myself, so any tips would be welcomed).
By gmuffb
Awwww. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you all for the compliments!!! Really, I mean that. I feel so proud now!!! So I'm guessing by these reactions that the intestines don't need to be red?! I only hear the voices sometimes, but I don't kill people and rip out their intestines when the voices tell me to lol. I'll explain how I made him:

First I started with a Big Lots Blucky. Cut out the eyes and mouth, cut a cavity for intestines and repositioned the head. I used paper mache, the flour kind (just mix the two til its a good consistency no need to measure). Rather than painting afterwards I put food coloring in the mixture. I used toilet paper for the meat because it's more like pulp. I used string for the veins. I used paper towels for the skin. <---applied in that order meat-veins-skin. All pre-colored with the food coloring mache mixture. For the intestines I first stuffed the cavity with stuffing then I used "Great Stuff" spray foam to make them, then painted with house paint. An important step is to yell at the dogs the whole time for trying to eat the paper mache!!! I think that's it.

Not bad for my first corpsing!
By nosferatu
I mentioned on another forum topic earlier today that there is a German Doctor who performs autopsies on mainstream tv over here called Gunther von Hagens. Believe me, they look realistic. What will you do with him now, dare I ask?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Definitely not bad for your first corpsing. Hopefully the first of many more. (Only in a Halloween forum can we talk about "corpsing" and not sound crazy).

Unless you wanted to add some "blood" here and there, I don't think the intestines need to be red. I guess, if he's rather decayed, there may not be fresh blood, huh? I rather like the fleshy colored guts. Makes them more real and... gross. And they look kinda shiny. Doubly gross.

I had a feeling that was some sort of spray foam. Perfect for this use, because it makes irregular tube shapes, just like real guts. How soft/hard is that Great Stuff foam when it dries? Does it flex at all, or it is totally stiff and brittle?
By gregh3196
Very cool! That looks great, may just have to try it myself, thanks for sharing
By The Captain
Don't change those intestines they look perfectly disgusting. Trust a zombie builder when I say "don't worry about getting your hands perfect". With Pierre's guts all exposed nobody’s going to be examining his hands. Lastly, all my zombies cry out to me with their names, it perfectly normal. :wink: Killer job!
By gmuffb
nosferatu- I'm glad we don't have that show here, although I'm curious on how close they look I like it that way(ignorance is bliss)! I think I'll build a coffin for him or put him in the bath tub, not sure yet. I have a party every year so he'll get the attention he deserves! Trick-or-treaters won't come a quarter mile down a dirt lane to trick or treat here!!!

zombiepumpkins- Ha ha. Imagine if people were spying on my computer... the searches range from "corpsing" to "potty training" lmao. You have a good point about the blood. Even the way he is now he's all weathered and rotted but his intestines are fresh and plump. I'll have to make up a story. 'He was 112 when he died. He lived in the desert with no shelter but he ate well!' The foam is rather brittle, I'm confident that if I try to put him in to a sitting position that they will snap. I guess that's the price you pay for easy intestines. I made him in a few hours, so it's a small price to pay for an easy project.

buhdewsy- Thank you. I was kinda concerned because when I made my FCG he didn't tell me his name. He's still nameless. But I guess we get really up close and personal with our corpses... rubbing every inch of their body. wow.

Everyone- Thank you so much. I am so extra proud reading these compliments. My husband said "yuck" and my two year old said "he's pretty Mama." So it's great to hear from people I can relate with!!! If anyone makes one, post me some pics please. Let's hope they looks just as good when they dry.
By nosferatu
Trick-or-treaters won't come a quarter mile down a dirt lane to trick or treat here!!!

.........and those that do are never seen again! :twisted:
By GUS
lovely job, but intestines too fresh by half!

..any chance of a rat prop gnawing or one of those rat in a tin can props partly inside the guts so he's burrowing & moving around squeeking?

Yellows, blues & greens & reds to age the guts maybe? watery colours...

brilliant job! ..shame bucky's are so expensive over here!
By gmuffb
Thank you again everyone. He's definitely not a bucky, I can't afford that. I got him at big lots for $14. I thought about the rat thing too, it would be neat!

I wanted to update everyone on his status. The mache shrinks a bit once dry and loses some color. But I got high gloss clear spray paint to coat him with and that brings back the shine and color. The instestines shrunk and whithered up a bit. I'm not sure if it was because of the spray or if that's just how the foam dries. I honestly think they look more realistic now. I also made hands out of wire and tape that look MUCH better. I will post some pics when I have time. I think he still looks fab! I would still recommend this method to anyone. Cheap, good looking, quick and easy!
By rosesrunred
Thats looks so amazing, i love it, very gross and creepy :)