Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By badgers
OK I've got 15 neices and nephews, and they all love it when the fog machine comes out for Halloween. The youngest ones have tons of fun making all that smoke (they call it the smoke machine).

The youngest ones also like making bubbles (either blowing them or using little bubble guns I found at wal-mart). So I thought it would be really cool to make smoke/fog filled bubbles, but I didn't know where to start.

Well somebody beat me to it and made just such a machine!!
A Bubble Fogger Machine --- I found it at walmart.com while searching for Halloween stuff. It a new item and only $49.00 there.
A few other Halloween sites I checked also have it but for $69.00

Once I get it I'll let you all know how it works out --- oh, the site says it's not sold in their stores, I should have it next week.

UPDATE!!!! I just checked Target.com and they have the same item listed in their Halloween decor for ONLY $39.00!!! It's says it's available online and IN STORES --- I should have checked there before ording it online last night.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah, that should be a hit with the kids. Very cool. We look forward to your report!
By badgers
Still have not received the bubble fogger yet :x :cry: .
Apparently Wal-Mart is having a problem with suppliers filling their orders.

Anyhow I saw a video on YouTube of the bubble fogger and at first was a little disapointed. Seems the fog inside the bubbles weights down the bubbles a bit, and the bubble falls and pops kinda quick.

I didn't really think about that much cause with the fog machines I've had in the past the fog has always floated up and filled the room ---- The fog comes out of those things kinda hot (or at least the things inside the fog machines get hot), the only way to get low lying fog is to use some sort of "fog chiller" (lots of plans for those on the internet). So I kinda thought they (the bubbles) would float a little better.

Then I realized in the video the bubble fogger is on the floor.
So hopefully, if I put it up higher maybe with a small fan behind it (or a heater maybe) that will help. :)

I'll let you all know what happens IF and when I get it. I'm kinda pissed at WalMart's online store cause they still have it listed as "In Stock" yet they can't ship it because of supplier problems? Doesn't sound like it's "In Stock " to me, but then I've worked for WalMart/Sam's Club for the last 19 years so maybe I should have expected a problem. (sorry just venting there).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Based on that video, the bubbles do seem to get weighed down pretty quick. A fan might help. I really like the blacklight effect though. If you had a witch prop or costume, standing in front of a cauldron, I could totally see these glowing bubbles shooting up from her cauldron. "Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!"
By CombichristGirl
the heater may be a good idea. is there any way to thin out the amount of fog in each bubble? like u said may be with everything combined and placing it higher in the air may help. if the bubbles flood out u could tell lil kids its the "soap monster" lol . i know now im just dumb but hey :P . the blacklight stuff is sweet i wonder how hard it would be to make bright orange bubbles :D
By badgers
Still have not received my bubble fogger yet. After several e-mails to the help desk at walmart.com, I finally got a response from a real person (and not that automated "we are reviewing your request" crap answers). I also got a phone call, they left message as I was not home at the time to inform me my order will ship on or about the 26th of September. This was on Friday the 19th.

I then got one of those "help us serve you better" e-mails from the customer service department ----- I took it and let them know how I felt, which was not happy!!.

Good news is the order I placed with Ryan on the 17th was at home waiting for me just 3 days later!!!! And I guess the expression of EXTREME dissatisfaction with walmart.com on their survey may have done some good ----- I got an e-mail today saying my order has SHIPPED!!!

Sidenote: I found out as I was leaving work from one of our lawn and garden guys that we have the bubble fogger in our store!!! He told me we just got them in and he hasn't put them out yet.
Now the question is do I e-mail or even call walmart stores home office and ask why the website says "NOT available in stores" ?
By Kittie
Um, they are sitting on the shelf at our Wal Mart. . .
By jen d.
If anyone has seen one of these in Canada, pleaseplease let me know. Even our online Walmart doesn't have them. =\
By badgers
Kittie wrote:Um, they are sitting on the shelf at our Wal Mart. . .
Yeah, that's very nice. However, on September 6, they were NOT in our store. and if you check the walmart.com site here:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... d=10248024

where it says "Find in Stores" it clearly states:
"Not Sold in Stores"

which is why I ordered it online. It was not until today as we were leaving a garden center/seasonal area associate told me we just got them in stock ---- and were NOT put on the shelves yet.
And when I got home today 9/20/08 I got an e-mail telling me mine was shipped.

Had I known the stores were going to carry them, I would not have gotten so pissed off at the online store, telling me they are in stock when in fact they were not at that time ----- and to top it off telling customers that it cannot be found in stores and you (and as of tomorrow my store) proves them wrong!!

I apologize I don't mean to offend, but a multi-billion (if not trillion) dollar company who I've worked for the past 19 years sometimes needs to get their stuff together. :x :x
By Crystal
I saw it yesterday at Kmart. I want it too. it would be awesome to put on our portch roof
By badgers
Guess what was waiting for me by the door when I got home on Monday 9/22/08. The bubble fogger!!!
It's pretty awesome. If you saw the YouTube video posted above, the bubbles fall pretty quick. The small bubble setting seems to work better than the large setting.

So here is what I've tried so far.....sitting the bubble/fogger up higher, which gives the bubbles a little more "hang time". Then I found one of our ceramic heaters ----- it's small square (a cube shape really) and the fogger, although a bit larger, can sit on top.
The heater has 2 settings, one for heat and one for fan only, I tried both.
Both the fan and heat settings helped push the bubbles up higher, and with the heat on the bubbles went even higher :D .
This was done with the bubble/fogger on top of a short dresser (3 drawers high), and the bubble/fogger on top of the ceramic heater.

I also tried it with the heater sitting slightly off to the side of the bubble/fogger which also helped keep the bubbles up.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice badgers... I like your scientific approach to perfecting the effect. Gotta plan it all out for the big night, right? Do you have the means to record and post videos? It would be interesting to see what your eventual fog bubble display looks like in action.
By badgers
Gotta make a plan for the bubble/fogger, and where to place it and with what props. I can try and video it and post it but I'm not well versed in how to do that. But I will try :D