Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Nikki
I'm going to scrawl messages on my porch and such in the dakrer areas for some decoration. :twisted:

It's cheap and you can get it at Spencers or Walgreens..probably even Party City for about $5.00

I have a neighboor that has the security light and when it goes off the chalk will glow so it will be perfect. :wink:
By Dans banana Loafcake
Does anyone know where I can pick up this glow in the dark chalk in the uk?

dan
By Dragon
What are you going to write?

Right off the top of my head, I thought of a quote from the HP movie. "The Chamber of Secrets have been opened!" :lol:
By Nikki
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:Does anyone know where I can pick up this glow in the dark chalk in the uk?

dan
Go to any Smoke Shop (the places that sell bongs/pipes) they always have glow in the dark accessories and black light posters.

See if you have a "Spencers" in your area. They sell glow inthe dark paints and chalks. Or check at any Party store.
By Nikki
I was planning on writing some lyrics from my fav band Otep ;)

"I know the mystery I know the secret"-Otep-Sepsis

"Follow me! This is your way out!"-Otep-My Confession

"Spirits Spirits come"-Otep-Possession

"Theres a carnival in the graveyard tonight"-Jack Off Jill-Witch Hunt

"I can smell the death on your flesh creeping in"-Otep-Thots

So far that's all for now...
By Dragon
Oh, I like the second quote!
By Nikki
It comes from a pretty intense song 8)
By KILLER KLOWN
how about you write...

"can't sleep, can't sleep, clowns will eat me"! :lol:
By Nikki
Haha that would work if only I had a clown-like decoration
By Dragon
There's also the song from Freddy Krueger.

"1, 2... Freddy's coming for you..."
By Nikki
Hey.. that actually is pretty good! *adds to list*

3..4..better lock your door

5..6.. grab your crucifix

7..8.. gonna stay up late

9..10.. never sleep again :twisted:
By Wedge
So I saw a cool trick that looks great. I think someone posted the site that used it but if you have a black light this effect rocks. You take a highlights and pull out the sponge inside and soak it in water. The water will have a light yellow color to it after awhile. I squeezed mine to make it go faster. When put under a black light the water will look as if it is glowing. It is all about the bottle you put the water in that really makes the effect look good. I used an old vinegar bottle that was round at the bottom and had a long narrow neck. This might be a cool addition to the glowing messages on the wall.
By Nikki
Hmm I DO have a black light... How did you do this? Did you buy an actual Glow stick and break it's contents and spill it in to the water?
By Wedge
No you open a highlighter pen (yellow works best but I am going to play with other colors soon) and take out the filler sponge and soak it in the water. Also with the balck light the glowing chalk should stand out even better
By Nikki
Oh awesome idea!

I thought you literally meant Highluighted/glow stcik but I have 1 too many high lighters around. Idea:

Get a bottle and write "WITCHES BREW'" on it haha That would be great...I'll be placing that next to my Kurt scarecrow